How do you do it?

Started by Tracy, November 05, 2013, 12:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

I need help with a personal job I'm doing
it's for something Rocky Bluesy and guitary :laugh:

I want to be able create text like the attached and the background also
It looks photoshop to me (my kryptonite) but I'm ok doing it in illy if possible

Thank you so much!

Joe

Assuming you have that font you can do it in Illy, Indy, or PS. What are you needing info on?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

I'd import a background into Illy, then do the rest there. There's a font called Cracked that's close if you don't have that one.

The distressed look can be made by crinkling up paper and straightening it out, photocopying if you have a machine that will scan to a file, then open in Photoshop and safe to a bitmap TIFF file. You can import that into Illy to make anything look distressed.

A guy who literally wrote the book on screen printing did his just that way. You can just distress the type using layers.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DCurry

Ditto the other ideas, but I would add that you can add that texture as a channel, then use the channel as a mask on your type to show/hide parts of the letters so it really looks like the type is breaking up.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

David

google grunge art, ton's of stuff
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

dafont.com has entire sections of distressed/dirty looking fonts
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

I have metric fuck tons of grunge textures and old paper. Say the word.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

gnubler

Me too (cuz Skrybeer sent me 15Gb drive full of artwork) :kiss:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

I have 160 GB of artwork all filed nicely and another 30 GB waiting to be filed. And counting.

It's an addiction.

Help me.....
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

That's not counting what Gnub sent. About 11 GB.  :kiss:

Tracy

oh man I love you guys!
sweet tips and I will pm you guys with my email for the grungy stuff.
 :banana:

Farabomb

Quote from: Skryber on November 05, 2013, 02:08:22 PMI have 160 GB of artwork all filed nicely and another 30 GB waiting to be filed. And counting.

It's an addiction.

Help me.....

Shit, I have a drive I can drop in the beer shipment that you can fill and pass along.

Though I would be afraid of what our twisted asses would put on there.

digi's already in some deep, dark tor place just looking for depravity.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

Quote from: Farabomb on November 05, 2013, 03:00:06 PM
Quote from: Skryber on November 05, 2013, 02:08:22 PMI have 160 GB of artwork all filed nicely and another 30 GB waiting to be filed. And counting.

It's an addiction.

Help me.....

Shit, I have a drive I can drop in the beer shipment that you can fill and pass along.

Though I would be afraid of what our twisted asses would put on there.

digi's already in some deep, dark tor place just looking for depravity.

Do it! I'll gladly copy it for whoever wants it. Just send me a drive. And it's endless. I DL every day.  :embarrassed:

Skryber

There may or may not be a zombie versus stripper movie on there. Maybe a playboy mag PDF. It's art goddamnit.

Skryber

This upload will take an hour. I'll post link when it's done.