Stupid Quark 10 file

Started by Slappy, June 12, 2015, 02:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

We only have Ver 9 and no plan to upgrade, at last not at 4:30 on a Friday. Anybody able to save a file back for me? It's about 11MB, can Dropbox it if so.

:shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Latest thing I have is ver. 8. Sorry.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Slappy

Screw that. Somebody else here just tried and can't open it i their copy of V10 either. I wonder if it's a Passport file. In that case, they straight up screwed!!

The txt files says "Most recently saved version: 10.2.1.0r  (Multiple Languages)"
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

They still have the passport edition? :puke2:

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

It worked, the latest update of V10 opened it & they saved me back a V9 file. Something to look forward to working on Monday morning!!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :death:

born2print

Just loaded 10 today :puke:
Never even bothered with 9! I couldn't help but tell the antsy sales rep that when he was so incensed that we didn't have it ready to go for his job. :dick:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

wonderings

wow, still getting quark files? I cannot even remember the last time we had to open quark. If we have to pull any old jobs that were made in quark ages ago, we just reset in indesign now.

Joe

Quote from: wonderings on June 15, 2015, 02:32:34 PMwow, still getting quark files? I cannot even remember the last time we had to open quark. If we have to pull any old jobs that were made in quark ages ago, we just reset in indesign now.

Ditto.

And if someone insists on sending Quark natives they somehow have to get it back to a Quark 8 file which is the latest version we have now or ever.

born2print

I wasn't going to buy 10, but corporate bought a bunch of seats to distribute between the plants so I kinda had to.

Joe

Take a stand born! I hear welfare isn't so bad! :rotf:

Farabomb

The only time I have to deal with Quark is when the digital guy needs one saved as a PDF. Same customer, every time he asks for a PDF and every time the file is built without bleed.

But this is nothing new to you guys.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

wonderings

I stopped updating Quark and Corel. We have an employee, she started before I was around and Corel and Quark were the main apps. She still goes into Corel at times for old files, but I keep pushing that these files be reset properly in Indesign. I refuse to update both those apps. They all feel counter intuitive now that we are all so used to the Adobe way of doing things.

born2print

Corel:
At least it's not SuperMario Paint tm