UCR for printing on Offset stock

Started by dwhee36017, June 19, 2017, 07:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwhee36017

We are looking to start printing on more Offset stocks. So we are looking how other printers prepare for this is just Offset curve for the press or do you prepare the files differently ( UCR on all the photo's)we use the Epson 9000 for our color proofs. i would love everyone's input thanks
Dwhee36017

mattbeals

I'd look at using GCR with a device link to standardize the separations.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

David

What are you using for workflow,  Prinergy or ?

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

SpicyVindaloo

We use a lower line screen and curves to adjust for offset stocks.

johnny_jay

We GCR and have a specific curve for offset stock and lower linescreen. We are Prinergy users.

It seems to work quite well for us.

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

dwhee36017

Thanks Guys I was away for the past week we are using Heidelberg Prinect for our workflow and we are using 200 line and 150 line screens on the plates. from what I can see we need a curve for un coated paper. we have been using the 150 line screen, and it helps, but we need that curve in order to get us there. The customer is very particular about there color and they want the color proofs to good. We tried using an un coated profile in Photoshop and the customer didn't like it. So I think we need to look into an Offset cure.

Lammy

Wanna do it right you should have a GraCol G7 tech come in and set you up. Check with your ink company. Some are now providing it as a free service for buying their inks.
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder