Any GMC Inspire users?
by Ear
December 13, 2017, 05:13:27 PM

xx

xx
XMF compatible proofer
by scottrsimons
December 13, 2017, 01:05:46 PM

Topic: Acrobat excessive RAM usage (Read 1858 times) previous topic - next topic

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Re: Acrobat excessive RAM usage
Reply #90
New version of Acrobat out. Curious if the memory hogging issues have been fixed.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #91
looks like the update hasnt made any difference here, I have the same version and its still happening

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #92
 :(
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #93
yup... Im just doing the workaround.. as usual ;-)

the frustrating thing is when I forget to check the activity monitor, and go to lunch... and come back to find everything red and paused... arrgggggrrrr

Reply #94
What version of Mac OS are you using? I am not seeing this with Acrobat DC on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.
The problem occurs in Yosemite, Sierra and High Sierra.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #95
It isn't a problem that affects everyone. We have 10+ Macs running Acrobat DC on Sierra and High Sierra and aren't seeing it on any of them.

Reply #96
I know what you mean. Here 4 iMacs run fine with Acrobat. One doesn't.
Do you recommend another chat with Adobe? The last chat lasted 45 minutes ... with no solution.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #97
I think at this point I would try wiping out one of the Macs with this issue and then re-installing a clean Mac OS system and a fresh install of Creative Cloud. I find it futile to talk to Adobe about anything. Hence myself success of getting them to change their shortcut key for a sticky note with output preview open. ( Hint: no success at all! )

Just a thought on the Macs that are doing this. If they have wifi access enabled try turning it off and rebooting and see if the Acrobat memory hogging still occurs.

Reply #98
I think at this point I would try wiping out one of the Macs with this issue and then re-installing a clean Mac OS system and a fresh install of Creative Cloud.
That's an idea. But it's a ton of work to re-installing all the other software, network settings, printer settings and other stuff. Normally I install a clean OS and use the Migrate Assistant to do that for me. But in that process I also migrate the Acrobat problem.

Is it an idea to uninstall all the Adobe stuff, clean all the remains withe the AdobeCleaningTool and make a Time Machine backup. After that I install a fresh OS from scratch and use the Migrate Assistant to migrate all the apps and settings. When that is finished I install all of the Adobe stuff.

Just a thought on the Macs that are doing this. If they have wifi access enabled try turning it off and rebooting and see if the Acrobat memory hogging still occurs.
That's the first thing I'm gonna check. ThnX for the tip!

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #99
Is it an idea to uninstall all the Adobe stuff, clean all the remains withe the AdobeCleaningTool and make a Time Machine backup. After that I install a fresh OS from scratch and use the Migrate Assistant to migrate all the apps and settings. When that is finished I install all of the Adobe stuff.

Well it is an idea but there is always the possibility of bringing the problem back if it is being caused by other software that comes back with the migration assistant. When you use the migration assistant to bring back users, apps, and settings it pretty much brings everything back from the old user account like application preferences and the data in Users/~/Library/Application Support. Any of those could be causing the problem. I'm just not convinced it is caused by Adobe software or I think everyone would be having the issue.

If you don't want to re-install everything fresh try creating a new admin account on the Mac and try running Acrobat from the new account. It will create all of the Adobe settings in the new user Library folder fresh. See if you still have the same problem in the new account.

Reply #100
ThnX Joe, I never thought of that!
I'll give it a try this afternoon. I'll keep you posted!