News:

Main Menu

Kodak Prinergy Cloud

Started by RMPrepress, November 16, 2017, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Just the two servers but licenses for stuff like RBA, VLF imposition, Web Growth Compensation, and Print Link are very pricey up front and for the service contract fee. And like I said we get all upgrades. You mentioned Support Plus. Is that the one where you get all updates including major versions? That is the one we have.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

RMPrepress

Yes, we get all the updates but the difference is we do not have RBA, Web Growth Comp and no VLF impo just the 8up pack.
We do have Print Link and we have one extra JTP than what normally comes with the regular setup.

Still waiting for that quote on the cloud back up.
One thing to note is it uses a set of RBA rules to do the cloud backups.
So you don't have to purchase RBA to get automated archiving any longer with the cloud archive option.
I knew that the archiving is all we would ever need RBA for so we passed on it.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Joe

We use RBA for some other light stuff but don't really use it to its potential. We mainly bought it for the automated backup. We put a lot of stuff through Prinergy. I just can't fathom trying to back it all up to the cloud. I'm guessing it still uses Windows backup to compress it into a single compressed file and then sends that backup to the cloud. Which is how it does it presently with RBA with the exception that it goes to a local network drive instead of the cloud. We could probable use RBA to move that compressed archive to our Amazon S3 Cloud account. Even with our 50 mbps internet service it is still going to use up a lot of bandwidth for those backups.

RMPrepress

That is why i inquired about the cloud option...sick of doing manual redundant backups to NAS's.We need a new NAS so before we spend on another one I wanted to see if the cloud makes sense.
The cloud backups would most certainly have to run at night and early morning.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Joe

It probably does make sense until you get the sticker shock form Kodak. ;D