Any GMC Inspire users?
by Ear
December 13, 2017, 05:13:27 PM

xx

xx
XMF compatible proofer
by scottrsimons
December 13, 2017, 01:05:46 PM

Topic: XMF imposition...surprise, (a nice one). (Read 296 times) previous topic - next topic

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
XMF imposition...surprise, (a nice one).

I'd convinced myself that it wouldn't know what to do with this one, and would not flow the pages without my doing a second job, and running the 16pp work& Turn separately. However, it *did* flow them. :faint:

The double-shaded green is the work & turn. The other 2 ate the 2 sides of what they term here a 'double 16pp'. I.e. they're printed as sheet work, together, then cut down for folding/binding. Nearly fell off my chair, as I was convinced the double-up would throw it. Nup.

These are the Stripping Sheet Templates which are brought in to construct the impo.
  • Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:04:24 PM by frailer
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Re: XMF imposition...surprise, (a nice one).
Reply #1
...but they flowed!  :banana:  Look, if I can still get excited at my age, just roll with me and smile...
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• Tracy
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
That is interesting, Did you do it with Pagination mode?
I'm curious how you did it, you were able to have 2 page 1's etc.
2 sections maybe?

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #3
Not sure about XMF but in Preps template world all templates have a Page 1 but when you include multiple templates into an imposition the page 1 on the 2nd sig become the first page of the 2nd sig so instead of it being page 1 it will page 17 if you have two 16 page sigs. I have to believe XMF operates on the same theory.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Tracy
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
 :laugh: Duh, he was showing the template not the actual flow of the pages
Thanks Joe!

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #5
Yes, Frailer and it works well. I use the flow pages feature daily, for large page count stuff. Beauty.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #6
Yeah... the more I thought about it, the more I should have expected it to work. If each Stripping Sheet template works in Saddle Stitch mode, then placing them in the desired order should work, as well, (as Joe says, it will just pick up that P 01 on the 2nd sheet, and start at the next flowing number).

I just had a feeling that being a 'cut-down double 16pp', it might not.
~~~~~~

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #7
It's smart enough to flow odd ones like - 8pg (dinky) + 32pg + 16pg... which would be a half web + double web + single web... although it is annoying that it won't let you modify a 2 web template back to a single web... I end up paginating a 16p, flow it, modify one to an 8pg, then up to 32 page with the other form and delete the extra 16p forms that were added by auto flow. It's fast and easy.

Reply #8
Look, if I can still get excited at my age, just roll with me and smile...
Here you go...     :smiley: 

• Slappy
  • [*]
Reply #9
Loving the Flow feature too! Esp for those times a pressman or manager wants the odd W&T sheet that WAS the middle pages to be swapped so the first 4pgs are now the W&T. I still bitch about it being "a hassle" but it really takes about seconds.

:lmao:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #10
Yep.... "move sheet to start" or "move sheet to end"