Temperature of the room your platemaker is in

Started by Farabomb, December 12, 2017, 12:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Similar here. The valley floor is around 1500ft, and the mountains are between 5000 and 9000 feet around us... high passes in and out of the valley. 

We get stuck in a high pressure temp inversion sometimes for weeks.... freezing fog trapped in the valley, hardly breaking freezing and not clearing off for days on end. If you head for the hills, it clears off and warms up around the 2500 feet level. 

We have a storm now and I am soooper happy about it.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Here in Sac there's usually some morning fog (but not this year too much), but it goes away about 8-9 am. Back in Fresno, the fog rolls in around November, and leaves in March. If it rains, the fog is gone temporarily, only to return afterwards. We had some super bad wind over the weekend, which I love ( :sarcasm: ), because nothing beats the cheap fiberglass patio covering not secured down properly banging around in the wind (with no way to repair it without removing it and reinstalling).

We did get a smidgen of rain last night, but that only makes it warmer around here. I think it's reached freezing (32 or so) a few nights, but it warms up pretty quickly during the day. All of our trees are still green and Winter is coming in a day or two... technically, not literally.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

It's been blowy as hell up by me. There was whitecaps on the lake last night. My wind chime is beating the hell out of my porch and my HDD platter that was on the bottom broke off long ago. Need to move that thing so it has more clearance. The first time it was hitting the porch the woman thought a bear was trying to get in the front door.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DPSprint

Quote from: born2print on December 19, 2017, 04:16:31 PMMy best friend/coworker here is a Kiwi, but he's been here for more than 30 years so he "talks funny" no matter where he goes! They make fun of him when he visits NZ too  :grin:
we will always talk funny to you guys and vice versa... and its always good to have something to argue and laugh over. We have a pom (UK) here at work and we are constantly taking the mickey out of him (as I say that I wonder if you know what I mean), but he is an easy target cos he always responds... usually badly LOL

Farabomb

Believe it or not I understand much of the British slang. Blame years of Top Gear and enjoying british humor like fawlty towers.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Here in So. Cal., we consider fog rain. WOOHOO! we got .003" last night!

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DPSprint

Quote from: born2print on December 20, 2017, 03:33:10 PMHere in So. Cal., we consider fog rain. WOOHOO! we got .003" last night!

lol... yes thats about the same here in Canterbury, NZ... even heavy dew is good in summer