Metal Plate Hanging Tab Thingies
by Farabomb
October 17, 2018, 02:23:14 PM

clip

xx
Acrobat excessive RAM usage
by Joe
October 12, 2018, 06:20:51 PM

Topic: Temperature of the room your platemaker is in (Read 2118 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Temperature of the room your platemaker is in

Reply #30
No doubt, I recently had the issue here. There was image, the dot looked good but it went away as it was running and when I looked at it on the press, sure enough the image was pretty much gone.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Reply #31
Yep. The humidity can do that too, as the moisture will cause laser scatter.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Reply #32
And lack of humidity can be an issue too... especially if you have a platesetter that removes the slip sheets. Static will cause jams and sometimes a slipsheet will take the ride. Get a humidifier and a dehumidifier and put them in the platesetter room, and they can battle.
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #33
When I used to run light sensitive plates, we had them in a room with a humidifer (CA has dry air). We tried to keep it about 75% humidity and 75 degrees all the time, but that was always a fail. Every morning we'd have to fill up these 5 gallon jugs with water.... I don't miss that at all.

The last few places I've been, the plates were thermal, so it was far less of an issue.
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #34
Thermal is much more stable. And the developer has a huge window now, as opposed to the early plates that you could over or under develop. Ours will develop on press. But the lasers can certainly be affected by the environment.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Reply #35
F-bomb Can you bring in a couple space heaters and warm the place up?
sounds too cold and too much trouble!!!!!
I forgot about the door issue,
maybe you need like 5 heaters!

Start burning some wood, maybe your brother will get the message.

Reply #36
Or the office furniture :laugh:

Reply #37
Geez fbomb, what a time-waster that must be. My issues are placed in perspective.

Here, right now, it's some hot days and humidity. With the PlateRite 4600S it 'needs' to be between 20º and 25º C. One of our split system A/C's kaput, the other is :fingerscrossed:  Tomorrow is slated at around 37º C. 
Both bought as el Cheapos, made in you-know-where. A replacement is on order, but that was weeks ago; not on my joblist. :shrug:

Just hope this one holds put. The only saving grace is that no pre-heat and dryer, like before, on the Glunz & Jensen. They were the killers.

I do not know myself on Fujifilm ZPs. Pig in shit...
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

Reply #38
With a Fuji T9000 (Screen 8600), ideal temp is 70°F or about 21°C. Humidity range is pretty broad from approx 20% up to 70%. We range from about 20% in the winter up to about 60% in the summer. We do keep the room at a steady 70°F though. Processor is a Fuji model that uses an on-board developer heater in conjunction with a chiller/heating unit and it keeps the developer at a steady 30°C all day.
Sweet FA right now.

Reply #39
We had a GSD / Berner mix years ago, he was the bestest dog ever.

Beautiful dog!
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #41
We are always battling the temperature. Winter is here and the room is around 14 C when I come in in the morning. Will have the heater on all day and will usually be around 20-21 C by end of day. Summer is opposite, always too hot, though we did get a better AC unit last summer and it was able to keep the room stable.

Reply #42
We had a GSD / Berner mix years ago, he was the bestest dog ever.

Beautiful dog!
He sure was, thanks Joe. We've talked to Berner owners (we can't pass one without asking to say hi) and the issue of shortish lifespan, predisposition for cancer, etc... came up. One lady had a good point: "I'd rather have 10 years with the best dog than 20 with a shitty one"

Reply #43
That goes for people too.
No Facebook, no iAnything. What am I missing?
2009 Mac Mini, OSX 10.6