Manually Archive
by Farabomb
January 16, 2018, 08:37:44 AM

xx
New Windows 10 PC
by Ear
January 15, 2018, 04:10:40 PM

xx
From employee to freelance for the same company.
by Joe
January 12, 2018, 09:50:08 PM

Topic: Temperature of the room your platemaker is in (Read 766 times) previous topic - next topic

• Farabomb
  • [*][*][*]
  • #NoLivesMatter
Re: Temperature of the room your platemaker is in
Reply #30
No doubt, I recently had the issue here. There was image, the dot looked good but it went away as it was running and when I looked at it on the press, sure enough the image was pretty much gone.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #31
Yep. The humidity can do that too, as the moisture will cause laser scatter.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #32
And lack of humidity can be an issue too... especially if you have a platesetter that removes the slip sheets. Static will cause jams and sometimes a slipsheet will take the ride. Get a humidifier and a dehumidifier and put them in the platesetter room, and they can battle.
"Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!"
― Eric Cartman

"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #33
When I used to run light sensitive plates, we had them in a room with a humidifer (CA has dry air). We tried to keep it about 75% humidity and 75 degrees all the time, but that was always a fail. Every morning we'd have to fill up these 5 gallon jugs with water.... I don't miss that at all.

The last few places I've been, the plates were thermal, so it was far less of an issue.
"Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!"
― Eric Cartman

"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #34
Thermal is much more stable. And the developer has a huge window now, as opposed to the early plates that you could over or under develop. Ours will develop on press. But the lasers can certainly be affected by the environment.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• Tracy
  • [*][*]
Reply #35
F-bomb Can you bring in a couple space heaters and warm the place up?
sounds too cold and too much trouble!!!!!
I forgot about the door issue,
maybe you need like 5 heaters!

Start burning some wood, maybe your brother will get the message.
  • Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:36:19 PM by Tracy

• Tracy
  • [*][*]
Reply #36
Or the office furniture :laugh:

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #37
Geez fbomb, what a time-waster that must be. My issues are placed in perspective.

Here, right now, it's some hot days and humidity. With the PlateRite 4600S it 'needs' to be between 20º and 25º C. One of our split system A/C's kaput, the other is :fingerscrossed:  Tomorrow is slated at around 37º C. 
Both bought as el Cheapos, made in you-know-where. A replacement is on order, but that was weeks ago; not on my joblist. :shrug:

Just hope this one holds put. The only saving grace is that no pre-heat and dryer, like before, on the Glunz & Jensen. They were the killers.

I do not know myself on Fujifilm ZPs. Pig in shit...
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• andyfest
  • [*]
  • Know your role and shut your hole...
Reply #38
With a Fuji T9000 (Screen 8600), ideal temp is 70°F or about 21°C. Humidity range is pretty broad from approx 20% up to 70%. We range from about 20% in the winter up to about 60% in the summer. We do keep the room at a steady 70°F though. Processor is a Fuji model that uses an on-board developer heater in conjunction with a chiller/heating unit and it keeps the developer at a steady 30°C all day.
imac & Mac Pros on OSX 10.8.5/Adobe CC2014/Nexus Classic & PDF RIP v10.1.3 on 10.5.6 Mac XServe/Oris ColorTuner RIP w Epson 9900/Fuji_Luxel_T9000

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #39
We had a GSD / Berner mix years ago, he was the bestest dog ever.

Beautiful dog!
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Possum
  • [*]
Reply #40
Or the office furniture :laugh:
Pallets make good fires. :rolleyes:
No Facebook, no iAnything. What am I missing?
G4 Quicksilver 933, Mac OSX 10.4.11

Reply #41
We are always battling the temperature. Winter is here and the room is around 14 C when I come in in the morning. Will have the heater on all day and will usually be around 20-21 C by end of day. Summer is opposite, always too hot, though we did get a better AC unit last summer and it was able to keep the room stable.

• born2print
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #42
We had a GSD / Berner mix years ago, he was the bestest dog ever.

Beautiful dog!
He sure was, thanks Joe. We've talked to Berner owners (we can't pass one without asking to say hi) and the issue of shortish lifespan, predisposition for cancer, etc... came up. One lady had a good point: "I'd rather have 10 years with the best dog than 20 with a shitty one"
"Sorry mom, there was a tattoo artist in here talking about getting prints of tattooed penises."  :lmao:

• Possum
  • [*]
Reply #43
That goes for people too.
No Facebook, no iAnything. What am I missing?
G4 Quicksilver 933, Mac OSX 10.4.11

• born2print
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #44
Amen sister!  :rotf:
"Sorry mom, there was a tattoo artist in here talking about getting prints of tattooed penises."  :lmao: