Temperature of the room your platemaker is in

Started by Farabomb, December 12, 2017, 12:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

No doubt, I recently had the issue here. There was image, the dot looked good but it went away as it was running and when I looked at it on the press, sure enough the image was pretty much gone.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Yep. The humidity can do that too, as the moisture will cause laser scatter.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

And lack of humidity can be an issue too... especially if you have a platesetter that removes the slip sheets. Static will cause jams and sometimes a slipsheet will take the ride. Get a humidifier and a dehumidifier and put them in the platesetter room, and they can battle.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

When I used to run light sensitive plates, we had them in a room with a humidifer (CA has dry air). We tried to keep it about 75% humidity and 75 degrees all the time, but that was always a fail. Every morning we'd have to fill up these 5 gallon jugs with water.... I don't miss that at all.

The last few places I've been, the plates were thermal, so it was far less of an issue.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Thermal is much more stable. And the developer has a huge window now, as opposed to the early plates that you could over or under develop. Ours will develop on press. But the lasers can certainly be affected by the environment.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

F-bomb Can you bring in a couple space heaters and warm the place up?
sounds too cold and too much trouble!!!!!
I forgot about the door issue,
maybe you need like 5 heaters!

Start burning some wood, maybe your brother will get the message.

Tracy

frailer

Geez fbomb, what a time-waster that must be. My issues are placed in perspective.

Here, right now, it's some hot days and humidity. With the PlateRite 4600S it 'needs' to be between 20º and 25º C. One of our split system A/C's kaput, the other is :fingerscrossed:  Tomorrow is slated at around 37º C. 
Both bought as el Cheapos, made in you-know-where. A replacement is on order, but that was weeks ago; not on my joblist. :shrug:

Just hope this one holds put. The only saving grace is that no pre-heat and dryer, like before, on the Glunz & Jensen. They were the killers.

I do not know myself on Fujifilm ZPs. Pig in shit...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

andyfest

With a Fuji T9000 (Screen 8600), ideal temp is 70°F or about 21°C. Humidity range is pretty broad from approx 20% up to 70%. We range from about 20% in the winter up to about 60% in the summer. We do keep the room at a steady 70°F though. Processor is a Fuji model that uses an on-board developer heater in conjunction with a chiller/heating unit and it keeps the developer at a steady 30°C all day.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

wonderings

We are always battling the temperature. Winter is here and the room is around 14 C when I come in in the morning. Will have the heater on all day and will usually be around 20-21 C by end of day. Summer is opposite, always too hot, though we did get a better AC unit last summer and it was able to keep the room stable.

born2print

Quote from: Joe on December 12, 2017, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: born2print on December 12, 2017, 02:41:23 PMWe had a GSD / Berner mix years ago, he was the bestest dog ever.

Beautiful dog!
He sure was, thanks Joe. We've talked to Berner owners (we can't pass one without asking to say hi) and the issue of shortish lifespan, predisposition for cancer, etc... came up. One lady had a good point: "I'd rather have 10 years with the best dog than 20 with a shitty one"
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...