Temperature of the room your platemaker is in

Started by Farabomb, December 12, 2017, 12:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Haven't seen any shitty dogs. Just shitty dog owners.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

I've had a space heater on the platesetter for 3 years now. It helps but it's a massive piece of metal. If the ambient temp is low the little heater isn't gong to be able to keep up. The boss was mystified that I left it on all the time. Ummm, we got it because you refused to keep it warm in here. Of course I have it on all the time. that's why the machine is open and the heater is placed on boxes whenever it's not running.

I will say I came in today and it was not bone chilling. I might be able to actually run focus tests before 2PM today.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

We have our fingers crossed today. We have one functioning, reached its use-by el cheapo A/C still working. I have an old tabletop fan on the floor, and the air vane pointed down so we get some cooler air towards the PlateRite. Like a Swedish sauna in the press/bindery. Not sure why the PlateRite has not stopped, as by rights it should have.

Gonna be 37ºC+ up this way today. Worse in Sydney's western suburbs.

We plate on...

Add 2º to this, for our industrial area.

... our new 5kW A/C has arrived; apparently going in on the 3rd Jan.  :whew:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Still weird to me it is so hot there in the middle of winter (here)! :rotf:

:hot:

DPSprint

lol... yeah you guys suffering in the cols while we swelter in the heat!
actually even we have been hot here in nz... been low to mid 30s C at home for most of the last three weeks, now we are back into a cold spell again, 15-19 degrees C

born2print

My best friend/coworker here is a Kiwi, but he's been here for more than 30 years so he "talks funny" no matter where he goes! They make fun of him when he visits NZ too  :grin:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on December 18, 2017, 08:11:52 PMStill weird to me it is so hot there in the middle of winter (here)! :rotf:

It's hard for me to know it's Christmastime since I moved to Sacramento. In Fresno, at least it was foggy and cold so you got an idea it was winter. In the Bay, it was foggy and raining (not at the same time, jerkwads), so you knew it was winter. Here in Sac, I'm wearing short sleeves and I don't even have a jacket. Our bindery guy is wearing shorts. We still hit the 70s from time-to-time in December. I'm just not in the right frame of mind for Christmas.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on December 19, 2017, 05:18:21 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 18, 2017, 08:11:52 PMStill weird to me it is so hot there in the middle of winter (here)! :rotf:

It's hard for me to know it's Christmastime since I moved to Sacramento. In Fresno, at least it was foggy and cold so you got an idea it was winter. In the Bay, it was foggy and raining (not at the same time, jerkwads), so you knew it was winter. Here in Sac, I'm wearing short sleeves and I don't even have a jacket. Our bindery guy is wearing shorts. We still hit the 70s from time-to-time in December. I'm just not in the right frame of mind for Christmas.

Ummmm...we get rain and fog at the same time a lot here.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on December 19, 2017, 05:47:29 PM

But Joe, after being on here for some years, I've decided that Southern Illinois is the weird weather area of the US.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on December 19, 2017, 06:14:30 PM

But Joe, after being on here for some years, I've decided that Southern Illinois is the weird weather area of the US.  :undecided:

One thing about it is if you don't like it wait 5 minutes and it will change.

mc hristel

Quote from: Joe on December 19, 2017, 06:28:49 PM
Quote from: frailer on December 19, 2017, 06:14:30 PM

But Joe, after being on here for some years, I've decided that Southern Illinois is the weird weather area of the US.  :undecided:

One thing about it is if you don't like it wait 5 minutes and it will change.
Oddly enough, we say the same thing a few hundred miles north of Joe in Wisconsin where I'm located. (We get the fog with rain thing here too). 

Possum

Fog and rain is not uncommon where I live. I sure miss having fog lights on my car. And the patchy dense fog warning is no joke. Sun in your face, then two minutes later you can barely see the road.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Guess what, we have the same here in NJ. Jersey jungle weather. You don't like it wait 25 minutes, it'll change.

Living on top of a mountain I really see some weird weather. Bright sun while it's raining like a mofo in the valley. Fog is a normal occurrence since I drop over 1000 ft going to work. Snow on the top of the mountain and rain by the time I get to the highway.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

We don't have such tall hills where I live (the very edge of the Quachita mountains), but there are some steep ridges. There are some places just like you described, climb out of the fog into sun or vise-versa. Snow, then freezing rain.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.