News:

Main Menu

Weird page arrow

Started by David, February 28, 2020, 11:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Not sure how this is done, but I would like to un-do it.
At the bottom of the layout panel In Indesign 2020, there are arrows to navigate to the first, last or next pages.
I got an Indesign file that has the arrows reversed.
You normally click on the left pointing arrow, and it would take you to the previous page like from page 2 to page 1.
In this doc, it takes you from page 1 to page 2, just the reverse.
Screen caps attached to show.

Any ideas?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Are you sure you're not dyslexic? Or in selfie mode?

[edit] All joking aside, I cannot replicate the issue. Does the document have a cover, and perhaps the dezinger created a new section, which starts the page numbering over
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Have you tried restarting InDesign to see if it fixes it?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

It is just the one document that came from...

believe it or not...

HP Indigo, it's a test file for the Metallic Silver.
I can open or make new any other ID file and it behaves as you would normally use it. I can open several files at the same time and this one is the only one that does this. I was hoping that it was a pref that I could turn off (or on) to fix it, but alas, no bueno.

Color me stumped.
:drunk3:
Livin' la Vida Loca