PitStop 2018 - Action List Visualizer

Started by abc, March 21, 2018, 06:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 08, 2019, 11:45:00 AMDon't think they will let me share it, I will check tho, just in case
Military schematics for Aircraft, It has destruction instructions right on it.

You're being watched!

[attach type=image]19516[/attach]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on March 06, 2019, 03:07:59 PMHoly Cow! Not sure why it worked but in the Design layout panel it fixed my problem!

I use DLP quite a bit. It's great.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Been using it a lot myself lately!
The thing I use on a daily basis is getting rid of marks
and adding new marks the way I want them!

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 12, 2019, 10:38:35 AMThe thing I use on a daily basis is getting rid of marks
and adding new marks the way I want them!

I use the Remove Printer Marks often. I do not need or want any marks on my PDF's.

Tracy

That's interesting! I think I would feel naked without them :laugh:

I set up all the digital pdfs the same way, so my page boxes are exactly the same
relink to all my typical templates, links up perfectly no moving anything!

Joe

I do that with the page boxes...hence no need for marks.

But mostly we tell ALL customers to not put any marks on their files because their files are usually wrong so no marks are better than wrong marks. First thing I do with all customer supplied PDF's that have marks ===> Remove Printer Marks action. Then fix the page boxes.

mattbeals

Quote from: Joe on March 12, 2019, 10:53:59 AMI do that with the page boxes...hence no need for marks.

But mostly we tell ALL customers to not put any marks on their files because their files are usually wrong so no marks are better than wrong marks. First thing I do with all customer supplied PDF's that have marks ===> Remove Printer Marks action. Then fix the page boxes.

Or fix the page boxes, then remove anything outside the bleed box? Then you can remove art box and redefine the crop, bleed, media boxes to fit whatever standard you used based off of the trim box.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Joe

Quote from: mattbeals on March 12, 2019, 11:54:34 AMOr fix the page boxes, then remove anything outside the bleed box? Then you can remove art box and redefine the crop, bleed, media boxes to fit whatever standard you used based off of the trim box.

Usually the marks are outside the trim box even if the page boxes are wrong so removing the printer marks first usually works. But there are times when there is no trim box. In those cases I do fix the page boxes first and then remove the marks that are then usually outside of the trim marks...

...but not always as some customers put marks in the live work area. Then it becomes a manual process to remove the marks.

:facepalm:

Tracy

Or those ones with manually created marks!
uh, thanks for helping! :laugh:

motormount

Quote from: Joe on March 12, 2019, 12:23:04 PM
Quote from: mattbeals on March 12, 2019, 11:54:34 AMOr fix the page boxes, then remove anything outside the bleed box? Then you can remove art box and redefine the crop, bleed, media boxes to fit whatever standard you used based off of the trim box.

Usually the marks are outside the trim box even if the page boxes are wrong so removing the printer marks first usually works. But there are times when there is no trim box. In those cases I do fix the page boxes first and then remove the marks that are then usually outside of the trim marks...

...but not always as some customers put marks in the live work area. Then it becomes a manual process to remove the marks.

:facepalm:

That's how i used to work also, back in the printshop.

Marks inside work area are were usually corel pdf's immutable to pitstop actions therefore...