No really, I need a job

Started by ninjaPB_43, March 11, 2010, 09:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaPB_43

I am moving back to Texas. This time Houston/The Woodlands.

:cry:

I do not want to leave, I just got home. However, the wife does not want to stay. CEENTA(Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat - her internship) is poorly run and she has been extremely unhappy with it. Her internship is over May 4th, and they've offered her a job. She doesn't want it. They have a monopoly over the area here, like 18 locations around Charlotte. So, I timidly and begrudgingly agreed to move again because there is much more opportunity for her there.

Youston, the good news is, we can now shoot pool when you come home to visit.   :ninja:

E, err uhh wookie, climb down off that there mountain and move to the border, the troops are gatherin' and we need some fur camo.

:jeep:

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

youston

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 11, 2010, 09:13:37 PMI am moving back to Texas. This time Houston/The Woodlands.

:cry:

I do not want to leave, I just got home. However, the wife does not want to stay. CEENTA(Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat - her internship) is poorly run and she has been extremely unhappy with it. Her internship is over May 4th, and they've offered her a job. She doesn't want it. They have a monopoly over the area here, like 18 locations around Charlotte. So, I timidly and begrudgingly agreed to move again because there is much more opportunity for her there.

Youston, the good news is, we can now shoot pool when you come home to visit.   :ninja:

E, err uhh wookie, climb down off that there mountain and move to the border, the troops are gatherin' and we need some fur camo.

:jeep:

Oh man! I'm truly sorry the move to Charlotte didn't work out for you. :cry:

We might not be far behind you, though. If Shell doesn't get a job soon, I'm thinking of throwing in the towel and moving home to work for the family.  :cry:

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

tapdn

Sorry things didn't work out for you in NC
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

David

yeah, good luck with the search PB, got my fingers crossed for you.

wish we were hiring here, but, we're hangin' on as well.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Come to Oklahomo, I'll get you a job! In Prepress.... you nasty Bastid! Yeah, I knew what you were thinking! :kiss:
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: tapdn on March 12, 2010, 02:46:52 PMSorry things didn't work out for you in NC

kinda sucks, I am just starting to hit my stride.  And I really like Classic Graphics.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

Thanks for the support everybody.  Things will work out. They always do.

Peon

Tell your wife to suck it up dude, show her who the man is you puss. Get your balls out of her purse and say "No we are staying here". Why do we always have to make the sacrifice because the wife gets a burr up her ass but yet we are to always suck it up when it comes to our jobs. WTF

ninjaPB_43

That's funny. 

That's exactly what I did to get us back out here last year, and that hasn't panned out too well. My balls certainly aren't in her purse but it does take a more mature person to make a tough decision based on the best interest of us together instead of just my own desires.
:ninja:

youston

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 14, 2010, 09:06:33 PMThat's funny. 

That's exactly what I did to get us back out here last year, and that hasn't panned out too well. My balls certainly aren't in her purse but it does take a more mature person to make a tough decision based on the best interest of us together instead of just my own desires.

Yeah, my advice would be that you *not* take peon's advice.  :wink:

determined

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 14, 2010, 09:06:33 PMit does take a more mature person to make a tough decision based on the best interest of us together instead of just my own desires.

Well said. Good Luck with the move (it will work out, everything happens for a reason)  :wink:
Murphy must have been in printing....

Sally

Hey!
/waves from Dallas

Sorry to hear the internship did not work out. As far as Houston goes, someone posted this awhile back. It showed a few leads in that direction. http://www.indeed.com/

Just to share something from your old neck of the woods. We had a dvd cover last week. The whole thing is in invisible ink that shows up with a blacklight. It was rush from a sister shop. It had no bleeds. When my boss called to point this out the reply was "It doesn't need bleed, it's invisible ink. No one will ever see it!" His reply was "Then why are we printing it, it's invisible!"
 :cheesy:

Good luck to your search in Houston and many stories such as this one to share!
Nexus - Prinergy - DeskPack - CS5

David

hey there Sally!
long time no hear!

glad your back on!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Sally on March 18, 2010, 11:36:16 PMHey!
/waves from Dallas

Sorry to hear the internship did not work out. As far as Houston goes, someone posted this awhile back. It showed a few leads in that direction. http://www.indeed.com/

Just to share something from your old neck of the woods. We had a dvd cover last week. The whole thing is in invisible ink that shows up with a blacklight. It was rush from a sister shop. It had no bleeds. When my boss called to point this out the reply was "It doesn't need bleed, it's invisible ink. No one will ever see it!" His reply was "Then why are we printing it, it's invisible!"
 :cheesy:

Good luck to your search in Houston and many stories such as this one to share!

Well I'm a little late in a response, but HELLOOO!! 

Thanks for the link. I've been watching them, and printworkers, and monster, and craigslist, and  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ok, deep breath. You know what, I wasn't done..  :banghead: :banghead:

ok.. 

so, can I retire yet? oh wait..  have to have a job to retire from.  Can't go back to school for my MBA yet, have to "re"gain my Texas residency(even though I was here for 6 stupid years)...   :banghead:  I am starting to think I should have taken Peon's advice.  :rolleyes: (and I might have if it had only been more physical and less mouth) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

just keep saying, I think I can, I think I can...   :sarcasm:   Why is it I like prepress again?  :ninja2:

:death: