spot color and rampage....HELP!!

Started by determined, March 03, 2009, 01:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoganBlade

This is what I am talking about
"dyslexics have more fnu"

Stiv

Even simpler, select white type, select PB square in the bump color.

ReRIP page and presto!

Skryber

Quote from: Stiv on March 04, 2009, 07:11:24 AMEven simpler, select white type, select PB square in the bump color.

ReRIP page and presto!

STIV....You da MAN!!! I'll remember this. I don't think I've had to do a bump with a reverse type, Spot AND process job before, so I would always set my spot up as process and let it trap on it's own. Your way is so much easier still! Thanks Stiv!!
 :winner:

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Stiv

Quote from: Skryber on March 04, 2009, 07:31:07 AMSTIV....You da MAN!!! I'll remember this. I don't think I've had to do a bump with a reverse type, Spot AND process job before, so I would always set my spot up as process and let it trap on it's own. Your way is so much easier still! Thanks Stiv!!
 :winner:

That's why I get the big money. Hey wait, I don't get the big money. What the?  :blowup:

almaink

And here I thought you where selecting the Pull Back for the ink in question. I wondered why you said it wasn't working...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Tracy

determined

Quote from: Stiv on March 04, 2009, 07:11:24 AMEven simpler, select white type, select PB square in the bump color.

ReRIP page and presto!

OK, you lost me....PB square in bump color? In which program?
Murphy must have been in printing....

determined

Stiv

Quote from: determined on March 04, 2009, 10:21:22 AM

ReRIP page and presto!

OK, you lost me....PB square in bump color? In which program?

In Trap Edit.

determined

determined

I did try the spread overprint with the white type and it disappeared (it does this whenever you select any other trap option than white object)

Stiv

RIP page.
Make traps editable.
Open in TrapEdit
Select white type.
Click in the PB box of the bump color.
Save changes, re-RIP page.

Send check or money order to me.

Skryber

Quote from: Stiv on March 04, 2009, 11:37:10 AMRIP page.
Make traps editable.
Open in TrapEdit
Select white type.
Click in the PB box of the bump color.
Save changes, re-RIP page.

Send check or money order to me.

Set the trap basis to mixed.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

determined

What is the PB Box? (Before I send the check or money order, I need to know)....I should probably tell you that we're still in 10.6, does that make a difference?

Skryber

Quote from: determined on March 04, 2009, 01:10:54 PMWhat is the PB Box? (Before I send the check or money order, I need to know)....I should probably tell you that we're still in 10.6, does that make a difference?

In Trap-It, select the background spot color, then set the trap basis to "mixed." Then you see the check boxes by the colors? It says PB above them (pull back). Check the Bump color.