News:

Main Menu

Rampage Pathway?

Started by kermit, September 10, 2007, 02:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

What's that for? Anyone is using this thing?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

mwc

Quote from: stargate on September 10, 2007, 02:06:41 PMWhat's that for? Anyone is using this thing?

assuming the gateway process on a rampage box?....that is what pathway uses to process job imports and exports...
If you're not using the pathway app...you MUST look at it, real timesaver.

almaink

Please explain just how Pathway works? I have it but it seems more a bother to use than anything. Even the Gang printing is FUBAR IMO. Lots easier to just do a page in Indy stick all my images on it and export as PDF.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

kermit

Yes, Pathway, that's what I was referring to. I made the shortcut on the rip and that's about it. How do you use this thing? I am not Rampage Remote user.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

mwc

Quote from: stargate on September 10, 2007, 06:35:55 PMYes, Pathway, that's what I was referring to. I made the shortcut on the rip and that's about it. How do you use this thing? I am not Rampage Remote user.

Don't need to be a remote user, it is part of the regular system  (the app should be on your cd...and there is a document explaining it's uses)

We use it MAINLY for job creation (sets up all the folders in the RSI folder, as well as assigning your profile sets, and auto-creates the FPO/Image/Font paths....plus for JDF page assignements if using JDF) MAC and PC app....

Also...has an import/export feature for Archiving and Restoring a job with little hassle.

FYI - if you're not also on the 'Unofficial' Yahoo Group for Rampage...check it out at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/rampage_workflow/
5+ years of info in there...hundreds of users...

kermit

ScreenDemon

I use it and it works great, you create your folders for your job, and when you are done it will back it up along with the ripped data. When you import the job back for a reprint you can change the job name and number and everthing is back in Rampage ready to print.
John Davis
Prepress
Multiscope Digital
Pittsburgh, PA

kermit

Quote from: ScreenDemon on March 12, 2008, 11:42:10 AMI use it and it works great, you create your folders for your job, and when you are done it will back it up along with the ripped data. When you import the job back for a reprint you can change the job name and number and everthing is back in Rampage ready to print.
Do you let the customers drop and rip their own files?

ScreenDemon

That would be rampage remote. Pathways is more of a system for creating job folders and backing up jobs and bring them back into rampage ready to print.
Pathways is also used for seting up JDF and remote customers.
John Davis
Prepress
Multiscope Digital
Pittsburgh, PA