Checking a scratched CD/DVD

Started by gnubler, January 28, 2009, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 29, 2009, 10:46:51 PMI know this may sound strange, but I have seen it happen WAY too often... make sure the disk has information burned on it. Yes, desingers in their infinite wisdom, often write CDs and DVDs with absolutely not one thing on them. You put the disk in and often it will warn you about blank media... but I have seen this not happen. When inspecting the disk... nothing. You can tell by the discolorization from the part that has info from the part that is still open.
I get blank discs all the time! Usually it's absent-mindedness, but sometimes we clue someone in that their superdrive or writer is on the fritz. I've got (the better of) the sales persons able to visually check discs for data for themselves it has happened so many times.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Stiv on January 30, 2009, 06:19:35 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 29, 2009, 10:46:51 PMYes, desingers in their infinite wisdom, often write CDs and DVDs with absolutely not one thing on them. You put the disk in and often it will warn you about blank media... but I have seen this not happen.

This happens all too often for me. How about when they write on the top of one and then put another on top of it and the ink transfers?

Ahh, yes, the old Ink Transferred to the reading side of a disk trick. Yes, forgive me, I can't believe I forgot that one. Here's another... the paperclip attaching the CD/DVD to the proof with NO sleeve. Of course the CSR and the SalesPuke have removed the media 7 or 8 times, so the scratches render the disk totally unusable.
Member #285 - Civilian

beermonster

i'm prolly gonna buy a playstation 3 which plays blu ray - and games - and interwebz n stuff too
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

beermonster

oh - and yeah - err damaged disks - err yeah - good
can someone PLEEZ get hector off my case :angry:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world