Turn Comments to Art?

Started by AaronH, August 06, 2018, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Hey everyone, I've got a strange one. The customer somehow did most of their text in a PDF for a Remit Envelope as comments. I didn't realize it until they looked at the proof and said, "Hey there is text missing!" Is there a way to turn them into actual artwork or do I have to typeset it?

Thanks!
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

I assume you tried copying the text from the comment and then pasting elsewhere. Never tried it but no idea if you can do that or not.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

Yeah that's what I'm doing now.

born2print

That comments thing has gotten us before, "you missed most of the alterations!"
I believe we did everything marked on the proof...
"didn't you see my comments?!"
 :facepalm:
ok, let's try again.

I do not know of a way to make comments live other than what you're doing.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigiCorn

I presume you already tried in Acrobat preflight-->flatten?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

We've been burned by this in the past too. We've actually got the PDF from the customer and they said that they set the type in Acrobat, it was just using comments.  :strangle:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

AaronH

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 06, 2018, 02:05:34 PMI presume you already tried in Acrobat preflight-->flatten?

I hadn't tried that. I didn't realize that action list could do that. Thanks!

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: AaronH on August 06, 2018, 01:12:38 PMHey everyone, I've got a strange one. The customer somehow did most of their text in a PDF for a Remit Envelope as comments. I didn't realize it until they looked at the proof and said, "Hey there is text missing!" Is there a way to turn them into actual artwork or do I have to typeset it?

Thanks!

Are you able to post a sample of the PDF? I'm intrigued by this and want to look at it..
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

wonderings

Do you not see comments in a PDF? For me they stick out and cannot be missed. For some programs for different events I get tons of notes for corrections and changes all through comments. I find it easy and helpful rather then someone trying to explain where and what the change is. And yes you can copy from the comments, just highlight like you would any other text and copy.

born2print

Quote from: wonderings on August 07, 2018, 11:18:49 AMDo you not see comments in a PDF? For me they stick out and cannot be missed. For some programs for different events I get tons of notes for corrections and changes all through comments. I find it easy and helpful rather then someone trying to explain where and what the change is. And yes you can copy from the comments, just highlight like you would any other text and copy.
View comments can be turned off, so that's what gets us when the rare event that someone uses them happens.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DvilleDevil

Under Preflight in Acrobat, PDF fixups, Flatten annotations and forms fields.

GO IT ALONE

"It's realizing just how close you've come to death.
and rearranging accordingly.
I'm realizing what I've lost and what I've left
and taking it home to go it alone again."

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DvilleDevil on August 07, 2018, 12:55:22 PMUnder Preflight in Acrobat, PDF fixups, Flatten annotations and forms fields.

^ well we know who didn't read the rest of the thread.   :facepalm:

:ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

DigiCorn

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on August 07, 2018, 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: DvilleDevil on August 07, 2018, 12:55:22 PMUnder Preflight in Acrobat, PDF fixups, Flatten annotations and forms fields.

^ well we know who didn't read the rest of the thread.   :facepalm:

:ninja:
I wasn't going to say anything...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

ninjaPB_43

Joe

Well I've never tried flattening a PDF with comments...what does it do to them? Sure I could add some comments and flatten one to find out myself but I'm tired (and lazy).
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.