No really, I need a job

Started by ninjaPB_43, March 11, 2010, 09:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on July 26, 2010, 10:51:47 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 10:50:20 AMLiar. What if we threw in a llama?

Nope. The point was that there isn't an offer good enough. I will NEVER live in California. I will only live here for my wife, and back in NC, period.  :ninja:

How about a llama and a lifetime supply of hot sauce? Huh? c'mon, I know you can't resist the hot sauce...
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 26, 2010, 10:53:56 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 10:50:20 AMLiar. What if we threw in a llama?

Nope. The point was that there isn't an offer good enough. I will NEVER live in California. I will only live here for my wife, and back in NC, period.  :ninja:
Sorry you got Left Coast hang ups. The West Coast is the Best Coast.

Sorry, you got left coast infections. Also, let's see how many other trendy words you can use? It hasn't been cool to call it the left coast since 2004.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 10:55:24 AM

How about a llama and a lifetime supply of hot sauce? Huh? c'mon, I know you can't resist the hot sauce...

I've moved on. Hot sauce is played out.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

DigitalCrapShoveler

Dude, I lived in Cali for over 17 years. He is better off where he's at. Too many goddamn stupid people, too many people period. Every job interview I had, I shared with 100 others JUST like me.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

I can introduce you to Vincent "Big Pussy" Pastore. I ran into him once at a radio station. I gave him a doughnut. It was glazed.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 10:57:50 AM

Dude, I lived in Cali for over 17 years. He is better off where he's at. Too many goddamn stupid people, too many people period. Every job interview I had, I shared with 100 others JUST like me.
My apologies. I thought you were unique.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

youston

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 26, 2010, 10:53:35 AM
Quote from: youston on July 26, 2010, 10:43:00 AMWith PB in Houston, I'm wondering what the point of this is? Rubbing his nose in it is all I can think of.
Nobody's saying he can't move. Sure it's a PITA, but I guess it depends on how badly you want to work. I've relocated several times for work. Plus, if there's any Cali people out there who want to relocate a few miles, there's that too (I'm looking at you, Delooch).

So, his wife slaves away for years to get her PhD, lands a job in Houston, but 'nobody's saying he can't move ...' I bet I can think of *one* person who says he can't move.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: youston on July 26, 2010, 11:01:31 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 26, 2010, 10:53:35 AM
Quote from: youston on July 26, 2010, 10:43:00 AMWith PB in Houston, I'm wondering what the point of this is? Rubbing his nose in it is all I can think of.
Nobody's saying he can't move. Sure it's a PITA, but I guess it depends on how badly you want to work. I've relocated several times for work. Plus, if there's any Cali people out there who want to relocate a few miles, there's that too (I'm looking at you, Delooch).

So, his wife slaves away for years to get her PhD, lands a job in Houston, but 'nobody's saying he can't move ...' I bet I can think of *one* person who says he can't move.

exactly. 

btw, it an AU.D but that's just semantics. She's still a Doctor.  :cool:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 26, 2010, 10:59:00 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 10:57:50 AM

My apologies. I thought you were unique.

There is no uniqueness when you are fighting for a job flipping burgers. You and every damn Mexican in Mexico wants that job. Plus all the leniencies Cali has given these Mexicans and other illegal immigrants? No fucking thanks.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on July 26, 2010, 11:03:23 AMbtw, it an AU.D but that's just semantics. She's still a Doctor.  :cool:
Pays MORE in Cali... but you sound like a kept man. Maybe you should relax and enjoy the time off ;-)
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 11:03:47 AMThere is no uniqueness when you are fighting for a job flipping burgers. You and every damn Mexican in Mexico wants that job. Plus all the leniencies Cali has given these Mexicans and other illegal immigrants? No fucking thanks.
You're unique if you speak English ;-)

But aside from all the racial issues some people might have with Cali, there's no hurricanes, scarcely a tornado, great weather, great pay, great technology, great food (most of it grown nearby so it's fresh). It's not all SF or LA. Cali is very diverse. People have a lot of misconceptions. Not saying it's for you, but those of us who live here appreciate it.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 26, 2010, 11:11:56 AM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on July 26, 2010, 11:03:23 AMbtw, it an AU.D but that's just semantics. She's still a Doctor.  :cool:
Pays MORE in Cali... but you sound like a kept man. Maybe you should relax and enjoy the time off ;-)

A kept man? You're an idiot. I supported us for the past 6 yrs while she got this degree. I owe it to her to let her get some experience in the position she wants. I don't enjoy time off. I get bored. I actually LIKE working and being a self sustained man. You, on the other hand, sound like a petty, and jealous kid.

Trust me when I say, you will NEVER outsmart or outpost me.   :ninja2:

Edited to fix capitalization to avoid taking out another grammar cop.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 26, 2010, 11:11:56 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 11:03:47 AMThere is no uniqueness when you are fighting for a job flipping burgers. You and every damn Mexican in Mexico wants that job. Plus all the leniencies Cali has given these Mexicans and other illegal immigrants? No fucking thanks.
You're unique if you speak English ;-)

But aside from all the racial issues some people might have with Cali, there's no hurricanes, scarcely a tornado, great weather, great pay, great technology, great food (most of it grown nearby so it's fresh). It's not all SF or LA. Cali is very diverse. People have a lot of misconceptions. Not saying it's for you, but those of us who live here appreciate it.

Let's see? I was there for several pretty large Earthquakes... the Rodney King riots/ Hmmm, I've been stabbed by Mexicans entering a convenience store, more fights with black and mexicans than I care to mention. This was all when I was a kid. The money is no better because rent and insurance is astronomically high. Plus, it's only a matter of time before it completely cracks off into the ocean. The only thing it really has going for it, is it's lenience on pot and that to me is a last ditch effort to try and regulate the overspending. California is FUCKED, everyone knows this.
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 26, 2010, 11:23:02 AMLet's see? I was there for several pretty large Earthquakes... the Rodney King riots/ Hmmm, I've been stabbed by Mexicans entering a convenience store, more fights with black and mexicans than I care to mention. This was all when I was a kid. The money is no better because rent and insurance is astronomically high. Plus, it's only a matter of time before it completely cracks off into the ocean. The only thing it really has going for it, is it's lenience on pot and that to me is a last ditch effort to try and regulate the overspending. California is FUCKED, everyone knows this.

This.

DigiCorn

Gawd. Between DCS and PB today it's enough to just make me quit B4Print forever. Lighten up you too. Don't take life so seriously - you'll never get out alive.

PB - my wife is an RN, and any time I want, I can just walk away; she makes twice my salary and works about half the hours. I supported her while she was getting her degree. And I hate this business so much, it'll happen sooner than later. I just like money a whole lot, so I keep working. Well, that and we still have her student loans to pay off.

DCS - Sounds like you either start a lot of shit with people or you had one bad experience (granted it was pretty bad) and now you lump all people into one and only one category, and the truth is it's not like that. LOVE the earthquake argument. Lived in monterey, Fresno and Sacramento, and barely feel a tremor... EVER. Lived in the SF Bay Area for 6+ years and felt one tiny earthquake. a) you get used to it and b) the big ones are rare and you have insurance for a reason. Not all of Cali is subject to earthquake - only a small, tiny fraction of land really gets affected, and most construction in the area is built to withstand it. Sure there was damage in '89 and '94 but it's not like all 33 million residents of the state were affected. That's just irrational to think that.

No place is perfect - we usually live where we live because we like it. I LOVE Boston, but won't live there 'cuz it's too cold. I LOVE Seattle and Portland, but too rainy and snowy. Florida is nice too, but I don't want to deal with lightning, hurricanes and oil spills. Not a fan of Texas for my own political reasons. BTW, there are lots of earthquakes in Seattle too, but you never hear about them - there's a major one predicted to do catastrophic damage in the next 20 years - a bigger quake than the one expected in California.

Rioting? They don't riot in Detroit or Miami or elsewhere? Jesus, man, every time a sports team wins a pennant there's riots and looting.

I'm not trying to argue or make enemies, so i'll just drop it here. But this is my life, my home and you are entitled to your opinions and I'm entitled to mine and it sucks that you feel the need to insult where I live because it doesn't fit within your ideal definition of Shangra-La. Bullying and name calling isn't what I signed up for.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 26, 2010, 11:47:59 AMGawd. Between DCS and PB today it's enough to just make me quit B4Print forever. Lighten up you too. Don't take life so seriously - you'll never get out alive.

PB - my wife is an RN, and any time I want, I can just walk away; she makes twice my salary and works about half the hours. I supported her while she was getting her degree. And I hate this business so much, it'll happen sooner than later. I just like money a whole lot, so I keep working. Well, that and we still have her student loans to pay off.

DCS - Sounds like you either start a lot of shit with people or you had one bad experience (granted it was pretty bad) and now you lump all people into one and only one category, and the truth is it's not like that. LOVE the earthquake argument. Lived in monterey, Fresno and Sacramento, and barely feel a tremor... EVER. Lived in the SF Bay Area for 6+ years and felt one tiny earthquake. a) you get used to it and b) the big ones are rare and you have insurance for a reason. Not all of Cali is subject to earthquake - only a small, tiny fraction of land really gets affected, and most construction in the area is built to withstand it. Sure there was damage in '89 and '94 but it's not like all 33 million residents of the state were affected. That's just irrational to think that.

No place is perfect - we usually live where we live because we like it. I LOVE Boston, but won't live there 'cuz it's too cold. I LOVE Seattle and Portland, but too rainy and snowy. Florida is nice too, but I don't want to deal with lightning, hurricanes and oil spills. Not a fan of Texas for my own political reasons. BTW, there are lots of earthquakes in Seattle too, but you never hear about them - there's a major one predicted to do catastrophic damage in the next 20 years - a bigger quake than the one expected in California.

Rioting? They don't riot in Detroit or Miami or elsewhere? Jesus, man, every time a sports team wins a pennant there's riots and looting.

I'm not trying to argue or make enemies, so i'll just drop it here. But this is my life, my home and you are entitled to your opinions and I'm entitled to mine and it sucks that you feel the need to insult where I live because it doesn't fit within your ideal definition of Shangra-La. Bullying and name calling isn't what I signed up for.

:laugh:

shhhhhh...  I'm watching Maury.    :laugh: :laugh: