Any Quite Imposing Users?

Started by Slappy, February 14, 2018, 02:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Quote from: DCurry on February 15, 2018, 08:09:56 AMI've got an Automator action thingy that will interleave 2 PDFs if you think it'll help. I've used it successfully when I had a variable job with 2 different parts - a letter and a certificate, and the client wanted to see them together instead of 2 different proof files. Works very well as long as you have 2 different PDFs with the same page count and want to combine them every other page in order. Let me know if you want it.
Pleeeeeease!!!!  8)
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

I'd be interested in checking it out too!!!

pspdfppdfxhd

Many ways to skin a cat, so they say. We all have big toolboxes to work with. :drunk3:

mc hristel

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 15, 2018, 04:42:33 PMMany ways to skin a cat, so they say. We all have big toolboxes to work with. :drunk3:
This is true, but sadly it often feels like I am using a wrench instead of a hammer, or screwdriver in place of a pry bar...  :undecided:

Has anyone seen my hammer?!?! (looking at you press guy)

frailer

Baaack Quite a few years ago, I had cause to ask them a couple of questions on what it could do, (I'm  :old: and forget the detail...may have been on someone's behalf). They were super-nice Scots; very obliging. 
Good to hear they seem to be going from strength to strength.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DCurry

Here's the Automator workflow for those who want it. You start at the top, add the PDFs you want to shuffle, choose how they shuffle in the Combine section, then hit Run at the top right. You pick up the result under the Results tab.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrahf82qe8atph3/AADvUxFeCBK_LS7sTyTinYL8a?dl=0

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

Already used it! Somebody sent in a dozen convention badge files with hundreds of names in each, already merged with all the attendees names -once- but of course wanted them duplexed with the same name on both sides. I just duped each PDF, ran the script with both identical PDFs and BAM! Off to the races.

Gracias Señor Curry!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

Yeah, it's pretty sweet - glad it helped. The one job I built it for I had to keep interleaving the proofs and of course they kept making changes, so I got sick of doing it manually and Googled other options and it was SO much easier.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

I have to update my Quite Imposing before I can use that.
But I'm not sure how you would add that to Quite, can you explain?
Thanks!

Slappy

It's a standlaone Workflow that uses the Mac's built-in magic. One trick pony but ohhh boy does it do that trick well!

p.s. It took me a few times to figure out I had to Open the "Result" PDF & Save As too, I kept searching the Mac for it & honestly not sure where it goes.

DigiCorn

Not sure what version QI is on now, but just installed 1.5 here at work (it's the only version I have). I'll play with the workflow when I get a chance.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Quote from: DCurry on February 16, 2018, 07:24:17 AMHere's the Automator workflow for those who want it. You start at the top, add the PDFs you want to shuffle, choose how they shuffle in the Combine section, then hit Run at the top right. You pick up the result under the Results tab.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrahf82qe8atph3/AADvUxFeCBK_LS7sTyTinYL8a?dl=0
ok. I'm retarded. How do you use this thing?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

Like dat

DigiCorn

Thank you!

I double clicked on the .wflow file a bunch of times and nothing happened. I renamed it to .workflow and then it launched, finally.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Hey! that's pretty cool, I thought it was a quite plug-in.
Thanks D!