Epson 10600 P.O.S.

Started by DigiCorn, March 12, 2010, 10:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

The boss got a bug up his butt this morning about using our broken Epson 10600 again. As some of you who follow my posts already know, this was the one where we called Epson for a certified repair, and they sent us through a company called Decision 1, who spent over 2 weeks working on, declared it fixed, and it broke again with the same problem later on the same day they left.

It is specifically a 00010006 error, which is a problem with the carriage return motor. ALL other components, boards, parts, etc. on this machine are brand spanking new.

A) does anyone know how to clear this error, if it's possible, and if not, how to get and replace a CR motor?

B) more importantly, does anyone know WHO (other than Epson/Decision 1) can repair this correctly the first time?

C) If it's not worth fixing, what 44" or so size large format proofer can you recommend with an EFI Colorproof XF XL license? I'm actually a fan of the Epsons; had better luck with them than HP. (The Irises and Agfas I've used in the past were also Epsons, so I have limited exposure to other devices). Doesn't have to be a 2-sided, and not really looking for a spinjet - our shop is too small to justify it.

We use this thing a lot for poster orders; we run about a thousand or so 36" x 48" posters every year.

Really focused on parts A and B - please don't gloss over them to answer part C. Thanks!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I'm sorry, but I have no clue on A or B.

We have a Canon iPF 8000 that is running from EFI XL 3.1. It's a 44" and a 12 color and it's VERY fast. Good color when calibrated correctly. The downside is the large cartridges for it are around $260 a piece and there is 12 of them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Is there a wide format Epson that uses the same ink as the 7880?  It'd be nice to only have to stock one kind of cartridge.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jimking

mwc

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on March 12, 2010, 11:48:18 AMIs there a wide format Epson that uses the same ink as the 7880?  It'd be nice to only have to stock one kind of cartridge.

9880 is the same plotter at 44"

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway