Decision 1

Started by DigiCorn, June 20, 2013, 08:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Why or how these guys got the contract to service Epson devices is beyond me. They are incompetent beyond belief, and I now assume 100% of the time that they will damage a proofer beyond repair.

I think I posted how they literally destroyed our 10600 and then refused to take responsibility for the damage, and then tried to bill us for the work they never finished plus travel expenses. When Epson wanted Decision 1 to service our new S70670, we balked at first, finally settling on telling them that we wanted them to be 100% responsible for all costs, damages, etc. until it runs to our satisfaction.

Well, now it looks like they damaged our brand new $25k S70670. We were having print head issues that Epson decided was due to "static rollers." They sent Decision 1 to replace the rollers. The following is an except of an email from our owner to Decision 1/Epson/Agfa/Pitman:

QuoteGentlemen: Matt from Decision 1  just left my Shop 8.21 PM he arrived at 3ish installed the static rollers and we printed one of the jobs we seem to be unable to get off and not only were the lines still there they were worse! we  then tried to change a roll to some double thick media that Matt had with him which if I were to guess would be a control substrate? He was unable to get this roll to load without the machine setting off alarms and refusing to print, so we tried putting the old roll on that at least fed and it no longer worked, after about 2 hours he figured out the problem by reading the manual............... he then began running Epson self Diagnostic profiles for another hour or so, after those were run it got another level of awful.

So the outcome is that after Decision 1 was here I officially have worse print quality as I was afraid of. Matt from Decision 1 is sending the sheets to someone in Long Beach as he is completely stumped.

I must tell you that I think I have been very patient with this whole process but I am at the end of my rope I have several accounts wanting to give me work and one specifically that I bought this machine for who buys large quantities of posters tradeshow graphics etc who is preparing to unleash a storm of work at me.

I am not interested in being a beta site for this printer if Epson cannot make it print with their own service technicians then I don't know how my staff is going to have any better luck?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Looks like the S70670 is going back to Epson.

I'm on the front lines, deeply embedded in the trenches of a war that's going on right now...

:paratrooper: :jeep:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 20, 2013, 03:06:15 PMLooks like the S70670 is going back to Epson.

I'm on the front lines, deeply embedded in the trenches of a war that's going on right now...

:paratrooper: :jeep:

Play French and fly the white flag.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Good Epson service guys are like gold. I celebrated when our Pro 7900 ran out of Warranty, because we can now go to my guy, not through BigBro Epson.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

In the states, apparently Epson service is no more. You have to use Decision 1. We've had 2 experiences with them, and they have destroyed 2 proofers.
That's not bad luck... that's incompetence.

Not just that, but they refuse to accept responsibility for their inability and inexperience. When this most recent guy was here, I hit him up with question after question until he basically told me that this particular model of proofer (S70670) was chock full-o-problems. From what I've heard, it kept falling further and further behind it's scheduled release date, so Epson rushed it and put it out before it was ready. There's not a single one in Northern California that hasn't been serviced already, and it's been on the market only a few months.

Let's do the list of problems they are unable to resolve:

• The rollers generate static that causes the print head to receive this energy and print lines through everything; head cleaning/routine maintenance cannot fix this
  • The roll feed motor only works sometimes
  • The take up feed motor always pulls inconsistently across the sheet; they provide you with balancing weights (like balancing a tire) to try to minimize this
  • The metallic silver and white ink cartridges clog. Daily you must remove and shake them to avoid clogging.
  • Whether you are using the proofer or not, the circulation feature (to prevent clotting in the lines), dumps ink into a waste container. We've had the machine in our shop three weeks, have NEVER run metallic silver ink, yet the cartridge is almost empty
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

We had a phenomenal Epson tech at the last shop, I believe she was some sort of contract tech who had worked for Epson directly or through a service company previously. I could get her contact info, but it sounds like Epson won't let anybody else work on these models, if I understand you correctly.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Possum

OK, Decision 1 didn't work, how 'bout Decision 2?
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

Spent most of my day Friday (when I wasn't jump starting the wife's car and replacing the battery), on the phone with Epson. Essentially had several people tell me that the printer was rushed to sales stage and wasn't properly through development. Found a guy 80 miles away in Benecia who has one, and says he has the same problems with his. Also under the impression that at Epson, only one guy seems to know anything about this device. He helped (a little).
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

funny how all this crap and record failure doesnt come up before the purchase.

delooch

funny how all this crap and record failure doesnt come up before the purchase.

- not poking fun at DC's efforts, ive just had something similar happen on a purchase, did a shitload of homework, did the deal, and ended up with a lemon anyway..

oh, i see my day is going to be shitty already. i cant even post.

DigiCorn

Boss wants me to fuck with the machine this morning and do a head alignment...  :givebeer:
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Mine thinks calibrating solves every problem.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Why is it that bosses hear something or witness something that solved an isolated problem and they think that is always the answer?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Grimace

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 25, 2013, 08:54:30 AMBoss wants me to fuck with the machine this morning and do a head alignment...  :givebeer:

Is your boss like mine and tries to put every new job on the shiny new unproven devise?

I tried some synthetic stock for our copier and had good results. Next thing i know i'm being given a job with a full 12 x 18 solid coverage of a PMS 3292, that the customer wants matched exactly. Yay.

Anyway, have fun and good luck.

David

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 25, 2013, 08:54:30 AMBoss wants me to fuck with the machine this morning and do a head alignment...  :givebeer:

boss man told me of a new thing on the internet that you can use to check your connection speed....  it's called speedtest.
whoda thunk    :hangme:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca