Spinflow Version 2.1 lost passcode for Dongle

Started by DHG, July 15, 2014, 11:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHG

We are running an old version of Spinflow version 2.1. The hard drive of the PC that this was running on went down and cannot be saved. All the data was lost. Reinstalled the software from the original cd's on different PC. No problem there. However, in order to do anything we need the passcode for the dongle. Prompt says to "contact your dealer" for the code. Contacted Spinflow to get code. Their response was that they no longer support that version. Told them I don't need support, I just need the code for the dongle for the license that we already own. They say that they can no longer give that information. Apparently not anywhere in there system anymore. Why? Who knows. All I know is now they want me to upgrade to the newest version for about $1000.  :angry: 

Poked around on their web site looking for anything and downloaded Spinflow tools. Supposed to be able to use this to recover a lost passcode for the dongle. Can't get this to work as it says "Dongle not found". I have a feeling this version of Spinflow Tools only works with the latest versions.

Of course, no documentation anywhere from the guy that installed it here years ago and he is long gone from the company.  :angry:

Does anyone have any ideas of how to recover this passcode? Maybe an older version of Spinflow Tools that works with v2.1?

Hoping someone out there can help. Our IT guy is pulling his hair out trying to get this resolved.  Thanks in advance for any help.

DigiCorn

Most USB dongles are manufactured by Safenet (http://www.safenet-inc.com/). They have an application called Sentinel (http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-downloads/sentinel-drivers/) you can download from their site to do a clean install of the driver to recognize the dongle. Beyond that, I don't think I have any help. If your dongle isn't a Safenet, or a USB dongle, may God have mercy on your soul.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Just a quick search, I found this...

http://www.dongleservice.com/emulate-hasp.phtml

Read through it. Evidently, it can dump your passwords so that you will be able to recover them.

Member #285 - Civilian

DHG

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, Corn, it's not a USB dongle. It is a HASP4.

DCS- checked out the web site, but since we had to reinstall the software on a different hard drive so I don't think that will do the trick. Will investigate further though.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

The first thing you have to do is to find and install a dongle driver for the OS of your PC. Once the driver is installed the utility to retrieve the passcode will probably work.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DHG

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway