Wasatch

Started by DigiCorn, August 07, 2014, 10:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Looks like a damn hippie RIP.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

priced at over 3 grand, never heard of it.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

I don't understand why the boss has to fall victim to ever sales spiel out there. Just get Fiery XP and be done with it.... and failing that, get GMG. Those are the two biggest out there (and Oris), and you guys are using one or the other, so I can always find assistance. Don't put me out on an island.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Most bosses will see the lower cost and not even consider the extra work involved to make it workable. It's only $xxx but they don't factor in all the extra time it takes you. He already pays you so it doesn't matter to him that it's not a good fit or doesn't work as well.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Fiery XP is a $1,200 upgrade for us, and actually comes free with the wide-fromat from one vendor. And, we know how to use it already.

But it is $1,200 a year to keep it, if you want the support plan.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

maxpower

yep, ive used it, didnt like it at all, was as bad as onyx postershop

Farabomb

Don't get me wrong, some places can use some Chinese knockoff system that cost less than my Mac pro. I know of one place that does and they love it. Simple linework with maybe logos and it's fine for them.

We get all their design heavy work. Their RIP would defect back to China if I sent some of our PDF's through.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

beermonster

not used it but wasatch, caldera, shiraz, onyx- all wide format rips - gmg got their production suite now which looks good

i'd deffo look at sai photoprint - i've used it a lot and it is excellent.

good luck with wasatch
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

DigiCorn

All I have to tell him is, it's not as good as Onyx, and I won't have to get it. Hoping for Fiery XF because it's what I know, but I would be happy with GMG or Oris.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway