Happy 4th!!!

Started by prepressDog, July 02, 2010, 10:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Ear

Wal-Mart = 46 check out lanes, only 2 ever open at a time. I have said 'fuck it' and walked out, leaving well over $100 worth of merchandise sitting in the cart after a 15 minute stint in line with no end in sight. I am not the only one to do this... have seen it many times. Wal-Mart has even worse customer service than Lowes.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on July 09, 2010, 04:32:25 PMWal-Mart = 46 check out lanes, only 2 ever open at a time. I have said 'fuck it' and walked out, leaving well over $100 worth of merchandise sitting in the cart after a 15 minute stint in line with no end in sight. I am not the only one to do this... have seen it many times. Wal-Mart has even worse customer service than Lowes.

Can we call it a tie? The only way to get help at Lowes is to tackle someone.

And I agree about Walmart. WTF did you install all of those checkout lanes for? Could have saved some dollars by just installing the 2 that are only ever open. We did used to have the self checkout lanes but they took them out since they had to have someone manning them to make sure people were scanning all of their items.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

Customer service at walsmart was excellent till they ran all the competition out of business... now :blowup:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

ratintrap

Quote from: Joe on July 09, 2010, 04:41:28 PMCan we call it a tie? The only way to get help at Lowes is to tackle someone.

I went to Lowes recently and was cheerily greeted by an employee at the door, as soon as I turned down an aisle I was cheerily greeted again. They must have known that I didn't really need help with anything, when you really do need help with something there is no one to be found.

tapdn

...and when you finally do find someone to hep then you are quickly surrounded by other customers who need help also.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

Quote from: tapdn on July 09, 2010, 02:16:14 PMI saw three generations of wal-martians checking out. The granny was so fat she had to use one of those electric cart things. The mother was about 350 and the chubby little girl was standing there just waiting for her bag of chips to be scanned so she could tear into them. What chance does the poor child have?

So basically what you're saying is...doomed? Right on.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

You're right about Lowe's. A worker asked if I needed help and I told her that I was looking for those accordion sump hoses but all I could reach were the perforated ones and that I can see some that I want not perforated but they were 15 feet up the rafters. She said they were perforated too. I told her I can see that they are not and asked if she could get the ladder to get it down and she said she knew that they were perforated and they don't have what I need. So she walked away and I climbed up the shelving and threw down 2 non-perforated hose pkgs to Jerry. The bitch has the audacity to come yell at us about how she's going to get fired bc I climbed the rafters. I said "maybe if you DID YOUR FUCKING JOB, they would have no reason to fire you. Ta ta!" And off we went with our non-perforated hoses.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

I've had guys at Home Depot literally run from me...

no, it wasn't my cologne.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on July 12, 2010, 12:03:11 PMI've had guys at Home Depot literally run from me...

Must have been your face.

JK.

In all seriousness, The guys at Home Depot were very accommodating. They did my entire kitchen remodel and installed all of my Pergo™ flooring. We had lots of quotes, but they were by far the lowest. Granted I've dropped over $25000 in their store, but they've always been nice.

I did also have new windows installed by Home Depot, but it was subcontracted out. The subcontactors were crappy. Home Depot took care of the multiple problems we had, but based on our earlier experiences with them, we shouldn't have had any problems at all. All-in-all, though, while I HATE their corporate policy, nobody beats Home Depot on pricing.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 12, 2010, 01:22:25 PMI did also have new windows installed by Home Depot, but it was subcontracted out. The subcontactors were crappy.

They must have been white guys. Mormons, by chance?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

youston

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 12, 2010, 01:22:25 PM
Quote from: david on July 12, 2010, 12:03:11 PMI've had guys at Home Depot literally run from me...

Must have been your face.

JK.

In all seriousness, The guys at Home Depot were very accommodating. They did my entire kitchen remodel and installed all of my Pergo™ flooring. We had lots of quotes, but they were by far the lowest. Granted I've dropped over $25000 in their store, but they've always been nice.

I did also have new windows installed by Home Depot, but it was subcontracted out. The subcontactors were crappy. Home Depot took care of the multiple problems we had, but based on our earlier experiences with them, we shouldn't have had any problems at all. All-in-all, though, while I HATE their corporate policy, nobody beats Home Depot on pricing.

My family owns several Ace hardware stores in Texas. Every time one of those crappy big-box hardware stores opens in town, family's business doubles or triples.

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on July 12, 2010, 01:24:50 PM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on July 12, 2010, 01:22:25 PMI did also have new windows installed by Home Depot, but it was subcontracted out. The subcontactors were crappy.

ummm.... I think he lives in Sacramento. nuff said.  :ninja:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Quote from: Earendil on July 12, 2010, 01:48:51 PM
Quote from: gnubler on July 12, 2010, 01:24:50 PM

ummm.... I think he lives in Sacramento. nuff said.  :ninja:

Well, I'm pretty sure they weren't Mexicans because the work would have been done right and in half the time.

frailer

Quote from: Skryber on July 12, 2010, 11:49:35 AMThe bitch has the audacity to come yell at us about how she's going to get fired bc I climbed the rafters. I said "maybe if you DID YOUR FUCKING JOB, they would have no reason to fire you. Ta ta!"

Now THAT I woould love to see on YouTube...   :grin:  For some reason I see Jerry trailing in your wake to the checkoput, grinning from ear to ear.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.