A desperate result

Started by frailer, July 27, 2010, 09:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Pic in supplied PDF. The Spot Monotone thing (see shot below). To print as a mono page. Won't extract until I run EAL 'Convert to Gray_keep black type'; (unsupported Colorspace etc.).
Workaround was to copy>Crop to pic in PitStop, then open that Saved As PDF in PhSh, careful to bring in as Grayscale. Much better result; Save As TIFF.  Re-assemble/splice in Indy; reExport.
So...PhSh doing a much better job. I gather PhSh is doing 'proper' conversion when forced to open the PDF to spec.   :undecided:

You can se the dodgy original pic, masked for obvious reasons...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

I'm confused. You just wanted it to be grayscale? Would Pitstop Inspector not convert it properly?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I think he's getting shitty results using the Pitstop convert to gray, rather than the optimum results he achieves through Photoshop. You can get Pitstop to convert grays just the same as PS, you just have to do a little profile tweaking. I learned this from Matt Beals. He has step by step instructions on his website. Actually very impressive, took very little time and makes me look good for my Slave Drivers, Masters, C.O.s, Bosses.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Same place I got the info. Weird huh?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Pretty weird. Works like a charm though, huh? That Matt may be as dry as toast in a desert, but he knows some shit. :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

As DCS said. Shitty result. Off to check out the site....   :walker:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on July 27, 2010, 11:08:34 PMAs DCS said. Shitty result. Off to check out the site....   :walker:

Yes, Pitstops default are less than desirable. Down right ugly sometimes.

mattbeals

Dry as toast in a desert? Wow! Now that is an accomplishment to be proud of... Callas happens to do it "more right" the first time without having to screw around too much unless you want to. Thanks for the mention!
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

frailer

Quote from: mattbeals on July 28, 2010, 12:34:41 AMDry as toast in a desert? Wow! Now that is an accomplishment to be proud of...
Warm fuzzies are shown by different people in different ways.    :laugh:

David

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 27, 2010, 10:52:24 PM...That Matt may be as dry as toast in a desert, but he knows some shit. :wink:

said with much love and affection, and of course with highest regards.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: mattbeals on July 28, 2010, 12:34:41 AMDry as toast in a desert? Wow! Now that is an accomplishment to be proud of...

Just watch out when Matt's in the Toronto airport. He's like a wild animal! Grrrrrrrrr!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

mattbeals

Toronto airport? I must have done something I don't remember... uh-oh!
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

youston

Quote from: mattbeals on July 28, 2010, 11:50:12 AMToronto airport? I must have done something I don't remember... uh-oh!

Yes, you went 'off topic' in a thread.

I really don't appreciate that either, man, because it gave gnubler an opportunity to prove me wrong (I had postulated that you had never once gone off topic -- this is somewhere in the off topic topics thread, I believe, if you want to see the carnage for yourself).  :angry:

STAY ON TOPIC, MATT! The rest of us are counting on you!

gnubler

Let's just say we know all about your *bad boy image* and *repressed rage* and it's totally hot.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

mattbeals

Wow... I wonder what I did or said...

At any rate, there is a lot you can do with PitStop and color manipulation. But I much prefer what can be done with pdfToolbox because I can do things you wouldn't "normally be allowed to do". Like searching and replacing specific colors or ranges in a raster image. Not just a plate, but specific colors in a raster image. Like if the red isn't "red enough" I can find it and change it to the "red enough" red.
Matt Beals