Adobe® Photoshop® CS6

Started by Joe, March 22, 2012, 10:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

newsflash - photoshop cs7 is now available for the bargain upgrade price of.........cs6 plus cs5 plus a bit more and some installation heartache

fukit i've only just got me new mac and cs5 here at work - home cs5 too - blimey crikey o'reilley i feel a spendin a comin :drunk3:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Farabomb

Adobe did announce that they will now be releasing full versions every 2 years.

With half versions every 12 months... Now we will have a yearly fee to pay to the gods of design.  :shoots_self:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

G_Town

sonofabitches trying to make a profit....

Grimace

Quote from: G_Town on March 23, 2012, 12:52:13 PMsonofabitches trying to make a profit....
I know, right!?! It's like those developers of phone apps who don't just give their work away! 99 cents my ass! that's robbery!

Farabomb

I won't argue with that they should make a profit. I'm sure they loose a ton to pirates.

My beef is with the designer that has to have the latest and greatest only for that reason. They can't tell you why they need it but they need it.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on March 23, 2012, 01:15:56 PMI won't argue with that they should make a profit. I'm sure they loose a ton to pirates.

My beef is with the designer that has to have the latest and greatest only for that reason. They can't tell you why they need it but they need it.

You can't hang with the other cool deziners without it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Yes I can. I'm not banned from starbucks.

Yet.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

G_Town

Quote from: Farabomb on March 23, 2012, 01:15:56 PMI won't argue with that they should make a profit. I'm sure they loose a ton to pirates.

You make a good point.

I'm thinking when illy added transparency and every friggin dezinger in the country snapped up a copy and went ape shit on the drop shadows.

Many long nights there.

David

god, I remember that, I think we still get stuff from the same desingers... still using drop shadows...

still looks like crap
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

just got an earful for kicking back an eps with drop shadow on top of a spot, of course it was meant to be process and of course the shadow was gone when converted, no matter how converted (ink manager, prinergy, pitstop). "you want the drop shadow, get rid of the spots. I can't fix it for you because you didn't supply the fonts" Yes I could have eventually fixed it by refining the eps to a pdf, outlining, and opening in illy but sometimes people gotta lern.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Grimace

Quote from: t-pat on March 23, 2012, 03:14:13 PMjust got an earful for kicking back an eps with drop shadow on top of a spot, of course it was meant to be process and of course the shadow was gone when converted, no matter how converted (ink manager, prinergy, pitstop). "you want the drop shadow, get rid of the spots. I can't fix it for you because you didn't supply the fonts" Yes I could have eventually fixed it by refining the eps to a pdf, outlining, and opening in illy but sometimes people gotta lern.

What am I missing? Why can't you use a drop shadow over an spot color?
Okay, I re read your post and saw that is was an eps. Can you open it up in Illy and fix it? I don't have Pitstop, so I am a bit clueless as to how it handles stuff.
But I just sent a PDF created in Illy with drop shadows galore and spots up the ying yang, and couldn't see any issues.

gnubler

So I'm not the only one without Pitstop?

I think it's just us, dude.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

chances are, if it was done and then saved as an .eps, it's already jacked.
EPS files don't do transparency.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Grimace

Quote from: david on April 18, 2012, 10:34:16 AMchances are, if it was done and then saved as an .eps, it's already jacked.
EPS files don't do transparency.

Ya know, I forgot this was a Photoshop thread, and was thinking the eps was created in Illy (cause of post before), whole different story now! :embarrassed:

And yeah, Gnubler, no Pitstop...There are times it would be so handy too.