Acrobat redrawing too freakin much

Started by G_Town, December 11, 2015, 10:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

I have a newer version of Acrobat, you know the one where the tools all have Play School icons now. I'm checking imposed pressforms in Acrobat and it redraws the whole layout every time I turn a color off or on, and when I open it it draws it twice. Any ideas? I don't recall previous versions doing this.

Thanks

Joe

Hello G_Town...a DCS and G_Town sighting recently. The stars and planets must be aligning!

So Acrobat DC. What kind of computer and specifically the video card? Haven't noticed it on my 2013 iMac that has a separate video GPU and memory instead of integrated video that uses the iMac memory and CPU. Since they imposed pressrooms I'm guessing they need a lot of video muscle to render them. If you are on a Mac that has the retina display I know there are some Acrobat DC issues with the retina display.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on December 11, 2015, 10:27:38 AMHello G_Town...a DCS and G_Town sighting recently. The stars and planets must be aligning!

So Acrobat DC. What kind of computer and specifically the video card? Haven't noticed it on my 2013 iMac that has a separate video GPU and memory instead of integrated video that uses the iMac memory and CPU. Since they imposed pressrooms I'm guessing they need a lot of video muscle to render them. If you are on a Mac that has the retina display I know there are some Acrobat DC issues with the retina display.

Yes its one of the signs of the Apocalypse. I am rocking a crappy Mac mini. and a 20in cinema display and a 20in Dell (we are cheap).

Joe

Yeah that probably has integrated video. Driving two monitors and the bloated Acrobat DC might be why it is doing that. Adobe would probably recommend that you buy a new Mac Pro with a $1000 video card. But seriously I doubt anything you can do on that hardware is going to help.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on December 11, 2015, 10:46:42 AMYeah that probably has integrated video. Driving two monitors and the bloated Acrobat DC might be why it is doing that. Adobe would probably recommend that you buy a new Mac Pro with a $1000 video card. But seriously I doubt anything you can do on that hardware is going to help.

Yea when I asked for a desktop machine and they said yes I was geeked until I saw the hockey puck of a computer they gave me.

Tracy

I'm starting to think Apple and Adobe were in on it together
with this latest upgrade debacle

Hey G! :hello:

Farabomb

Apple and Adobe haven't been the best of friends since Apple started it's war on flash.

I still wouldn't doubt if it was true though.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on December 11, 2015, 10:58:09 AMI'm starting to think Apple and Adobe were in on it together
with this latest upgrade debacle

Hey G! :hello:

You can bet they are even if isn't intentional. Apple creates faster hardware. Software vendors add new features bloat (Including Apple with OS X). That requires even faster hardware giving the software vendors to add in even more features bloat. Hardware and software upgrades feed each other. It is never ending.

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

wonderings

Have no issues with that on my 5K iMac, but it is a beast of a computer compared to any Mac Mini out there. Was the previous version of Acrobat faster for you? I only found things got quicker with Acrobat DC.