PitStop 13 update 2 now available

Started by abc, May 31, 2016, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on June 01, 2016, 02:44:51 PMHey! I checked out the dark theme for DC seems to work better, you can see the highlighted tools better
ABC mentioned it in the webinar today :cool:
Oh and he mentioned that it's there cuz of Joe-tee hee

I heard that too. I might have to start wearing sunglasses when I go out in public!

Thanks for the mention ABC. The check is in the mail.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on June 01, 2016, 07:33:00 AMI am calling Adobe today. Wish me luck. Still on XI but crashing quite a bit.

Anything of any substantial importance, will report.

:drunk3:

Adobe told me to reinstall DC and then they would take a look. Dejavu all over again. Is there anyting MORE effective than liquor i wonder?

Joe

Standard stock answer when they have no clue.

You aren't paying for that support are you?

pspdfppdfxhd

Just paying the monthly lease payments on CC apps.

pspdfppdfxhd

Whadya think Joe, should I stay late one day OR come in on the weekend and take the plunge (again) from XI to all the latest DC and pitstop?

Staying late because there's no time during the day and I may have to revert, once again to the problematic, (but getting the work done) XI and pitstop 13.

Joe

You should be able to have your cake and eat it too. Install DC and tell it to NOT uninstall previous versions of Acrobat. Then you can decide which is the worst. (or double your crashes, double your fun). :rotf:

Personally I like DC better since their latest fixes and because it is faster than XI. I'm not having the crashes that you are but I don't have quite imposing plus 4. If you can get DC installed without it installing XI I would try leaving quite imposing plus 4 in XI and using Pitstop in DC and see if it reduces the amount of crashes you get. The only thing that makes sense to me is if there is an incompatibility between quite imposing plus 4 and Pitstop both being installed into the same version of Acrobat together.

I did have the display in DC go wonky on me last night where everything looked dark and low res and I couldn't display single separations but that is a known issue that can be fixed by closing and restarting DC. And there is an occasional crash in all versions of Acrobat if you keep closing and re-opening Output Preview and try turning off a separation. They have 'fixed' DC in that it doesn't crash as often when you do this but any previous version is a guaranteed crash if you do that.

Tracy

I didn't know you were having that problem where everything looks weird and
you have to close and reopen DC, I thought it was a Retina issue-Good to know!

Joe

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on June 02, 2016, 08:16:17 AMYou should be able to have your cake and eat it too. Install DC and tell it to NOT uninstall previous versions of Acrobat. Then you can decide which is the worst. (or double your crashes, double your fun). :rotf:

Personally I like DC better since their latest fixes and because it is faster than XI. I'm not having the crashes that you are but I don't have quite imposing plus 4. If you can get DC installed without it installing XI I would try leaving quite imposing plus 4 in XI and using Pitstop in DC and see if it reduces the amount of crashes you get. The only thing that makes sense to me is if there is an incompatibility between quite imposing plus 4 and Pitstop both being installed into the same version of Acrobat together.

I did have the display in DC go wonky on me last night where everything looked dark and low res and I couldn't display single separations but that is a known issue that can be fixed by closing and restarting DC. And there is an occasional crash in all versions of Acrobat if you keep closing and re-opening Output Preview and try turning off a separation. They have 'fixed' DC in that it doesn't crash as often when you do this but any previous version is a guaranteed crash if you do that.

Yes, forgot about the fact that apparently I wouldn't have to uninstall XI.

Good point, but on the other hand less overtime.

Joe

Don't worry about the overtime. Adobe will always throw a wrench into the gearbox.

pspdfppdfxhd

Oh good, then I'll be able to retire soon at this rate.
 :drunk3:

zox

Just to add that Quite Imposing 4 should not be an issue.
I have DC with Quite Imposing Plus 4 and latest Pitstop 13, update 2 and Prinect plugins.
No issues, no crashing, etc..
The only time it crashes is usual Output Preview, e.g. if you leave it open, than close the document and than try to close output Preview, it crashes.
This is not new, it's been like this since inception, I believe.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, I don't think quite imposing is the issue either.

Unfortunately, for big jobs that we do regularly here, output preview needs to be open much of the time.

Joe

If I need to close Output Preview once I'm done needing it closed I just quit Acrobat and restart it. Try to stay ahead of the crash that is eventually coming once you close Output Preview.

Farabomb

It's always when I'm showing the boss something. Click of a separation, see the beach ball and wait for the crash. The boss insists it can be fixed, I tell him it's a feature, not a bug.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job