PitStop 13 update 2 now available

Started by abc, May 31, 2016, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Spoke too soon.

2 crashes this morning (but with XI it would have been about 10.)

So it is better but not perfect. Hope it doesn't get worse.

The problem with our situation is that I have to have output preview open all the time for a specific monthly job we do. It's our biggest client and they never get their blacks right. RGB, 4 color black etc. We have to toggle the black separation to see what's going on and globally change, whatever it takes. Plus quite a bit of image editing on these files to brighten them up etc. The update from Photoshop can cause crashes as well and one of the crashes this morning came from that.

pspdfppdfxhd

I mean when the picture updates in Acrobat after image editing.

Joe

I don't think I ever get crashes in Acrobat when Photoshop saves an image back to the PDF. At least I can't remember any and I do this a lot too. Using the latest CC2015 updates. And I too have Output Preview open all of the time. The secret I think is to never close it because if you do a crash is definitely on the horizon.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Can you use DC when your editing your images?

Adobe sure did create a bad situation >:(

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on June 06, 2016, 11:10:24 AMCan you use DC when your editing your images?

Adobe sure did create a bad situation >:(

Yes. Works the same as it does in other versions.

Tracy

:laugh: That was for pdfxpdf

I know you can edit in DC :laugh:

I think he mentioned he was in XI

pspdfppdfxhd

Was in XI, updated on the weekend. Latest and greatest Acrobat and Pitstop combination.

Runs better but not great.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on June 06, 2016, 11:24:41 AMWas in XI, updated on the weekend. Latest and greatest Acrobat and Pitstop combination.

Runs better but not great.
What version of OS X are you on?

Joe

I know it is qualified to run on 9.5 so not sure if it would make a difference but I'm on 10.5 at home and 11.whateverthelatest is at work and not seeing the amount of crashes that you get. May not be related at all. Who knows?

Joe

One easy thing you could try is to create a new admin user account and see if it crashes in it like it does in your current account. I've seen that fix quite a few things before.

pspdfppdfxhd

pspdfppdfxhd

Oy, I see even this is frought with difficulites and there's no time to lose these days.

I'll have to build up that new Admin account as time allows.