Fuji Ecomaxx - how far in advance can I plate?

Started by DCurry, May 15, 2014, 08:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

My shop is running Fuji Ecomaxx plates (chem-free). I have a ton of plates to make, but the pressroom is way behind and probably won't catch up for at least a week. Does anyone know how far in advance I can safely image plates? Since there's no gum I'm a little concerned about the image holding up for up to 2 weeks until it's on press, but I'd really like to get a jump on making the plates.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

mwc

The Image on an EcomaxxT plate is said to last a week before press - on the spec sheet I have, As long as they are stored face down/out of light.

DCurry

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

Hmm, that might be why we had issues when we tested them. They were imaged well over 2 weeks before we got then on press.

I told the boss that might be the issue and of course I got the "I can't see how that's possible" from him.  :death:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

We were told a week also, but we found that after four days it's pushing it.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Grimace

When i was running these, I pre processed them before the Printer. I loaded up my plate processor with 50/50 fountain solution /water and then through the gum unit. We pale almost 3 weeks ahead and they lasted fine. We did have other issues with those plates though and are now using AGFA with a gum unit only. The Azura will rinse with any amount of moisture.

DCurry

Quote from: Grimace on May 20, 2014, 01:09:59 PMWhen i was running these, I pre processed them before the Printer. I loaded up my plate processor with 50/50 fountain solution /water and then through the gum unit.

Creative, but kinda defeats the purpose of chem-free plates. We're switching to Sonoras in a couple weeks. The Achieve CTP has autoload - yay!

Grimace

Quote from: DCurry on May 20, 2014, 01:13:55 PM
Quote from: Grimace on May 20, 2014, 01:09:59 PMWhen i was running these, I pre processed them before the Printer. I loaded up my plate processor with 50/50 fountain solution /water and then through the gum unit.

Creative, but kinda defeats the purpose of chem-free plates. We're switching to Sonoras in a couple weeks. The Achieve CTP has autoload - yay!

Oh, don't I know it. We were throwing our fooji sales guy a bone. He was super helpful when we were checking out buying a platesetter. But we bought from another printer going out of business. He recommended the plates. The printers were never going to try to develop on press, we run a lot of plastics, doesn't really work with that system. We have since moved on. Really like where we are at now.