Working from Home / Coronavirus

Started by StudioMonkey, March 20, 2020, 05:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

QuoteReporter, April 24: Can you clarify your comments about injections of disinfectant?

Trump: No, I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you, just to see what would happen.

Now, disinfectant, or doing this, maybe on the hands, would work. And I was asking the question of the gentleman who was there yesterday — Bill — because when they say that something will last three or four hours or six hours, but if the sun is out or if they use disinfectant, it goes away in less than a minute. Did you hear about this yesterday? But I was asking a sarcastic — and a very sarcastic question — to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside. But it does kill it and it would kill it on the hands and that would make things much better. That was done in the form of a sarcastic question to the reporters. Okay.

Reporter: But you were asking your medical experts to look into it.

Trump: Uh, no, no, no, no.

Reporter: Were you being sarcastic with them?

Trump: To look into whether or not sun and disinfectant on the hands, but whether or not sun can help us because, I mean, he came in yesterday and he said they've done a big study. This is a study. This isn't where he hasn't done it. This is where they've come in with a final report that sun has a massive impact, negatively, on this vir– in other words, it does not live well with humidity, and it doesn't live well with sun — sunlight — heat. It doesn't live well with heat and sun and disinfectant. And that's what I brought out. And I thought it was clear. Okay. Anything else?

Skryber, what part is pissing you off? The fact that he didn't say, "Lysol," because he very clearly said disinfectant...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Designia(o_O)

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 27, 2020, 10:11:21 AM

Trump: No, I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you, just to see what would happen.

Just what this country needs during a goddamn pandemic, when the economy is collapsing, people are dying and most Americans are scared shitless. Fucking sarcasm. But is wasn't sarcasm, he's that fucking stupid.

Joe

OK if you all want to have a political debate I suggest you take it to facebook or twitter or a forum that was created for that purpose. No one on the right or left is going to be swayed to other side by a "what he said vs what he meant debate" in a prepress forum. I'm asking nicely.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

None of it pisses me off. It's entertaining, like I said.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Possum

The company that makes Lysol did issue a warning after this debacle not to take it internally. I'm sure it's on their product labels too, but who reads instructions?
:lmao:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

I won't post anything more about it here publicly. I hate fascism. (sorry. last one.)

I had to cancel my old Amazon RAM order. It was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago, but it says "delayed" and then no updates. I ordered the same RAM, different brand, different supplier (oddly, less $$$) and it's supposed to be arriving today. I decided to also order RAM to max out all my other upgradeable machines in the house. Some of it might not be here until June, based on the shipping estimates. I understand that Amazon is overloaded, but I find computer parts to be a priority, especially to those of us working from home who could really use the upgrades.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

In other news, just found out about Instacart. I ignored it originally, because local chain Raley's has eCart... you place your order online, and then go pick it up. Instacart delivers. And it's Costco, Target, Safeway, Raley's, BevMo, Total Wine, Sprouts and others in our area. So now that I found out it's $9.99 a month for unlimited deliveries (as long as each order is over $35) and I can get beer delivered... well, it's on! Challenge accepted!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

Instacart had a wait list of a week at one point here.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

Ours is 2 hours... eCart is 5-7 days. That's why I switched.

[edit] I'll be honest though... Instacart is a total crap shoot. My Costco run went perfect. My Raley's fucking sucked... I said "No substitutions" on a couple items, and the fucker substituted items I can't use, plus I literally got a bag of rotten potatoes. The website only let me complain about 1 thing, so I got a refund on the potatoes, but now I have to eat almost $10 of products I can't use, and they aren't responsive to complaints. My first Total Wine beer run was a bit of a debacle too, but that's because I wanted stuff not available, and substitutions weren't readily available, and on-the-fly texting wasn't quick enough to resolve.

I'm a bit of a beer diva sometimes.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 27, 2020, 12:49:22 PM
I won't post anything more about it here publicly. I hate fascism. (sorry. last one.)

I had to cancel my old Amazon RAM order. It was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago, but it says "delayed" and then no updates. I ordered the same RAM, different brand, different supplier (oddly, less $$$) and it's supposed to be arriving today. I decided to also order RAM to max out all my other upgradeable machines in the house. Some of it might not be here until June, based on the shipping estimates. I understand that Amazon is overloaded, but I find computer parts to be a priority, especially to those of us working from home who could really use the upgrades.

I've learned with Amazon to research who you are buying from and to find out where they are shipping from. Never order from any place that is shipping from China as there is a damn good chance you'll never see the item and they don't respond when you try to contact them and eventually you have to get Amazon involved. Thankfully Amazon always makes it good but I just make sure to never place an order coming from China. (nothing to do with COVID-19 but that is another reason presently)

Joe

DigiCorn

I just installed my new RAM and reseated my old RAM. I thought I had 8gb, and was adding 8 more, but after installation, Windows says I have 24 gb. I went back and looked at the package and it says 16gb 2x8. Went back to Amazon, and dummy that I am I orderd 16 2x8... which is funny, because it was the same brand (Patriot) as the one that never showed up, was less $$$ and the previous order was only 8gb 2x4, and I didn't even notice!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Wow. That rig might run you over.  :banana:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

FUCK working from home. I swear they invent BULLSHIT stuff for me to do, just to keep me from having any fucking free time, even though the goddamn government is paying my fucking salary right now. I'm mocking up 44 fucking BULLSHIT high school graduation signs, that I 100% GUARANTEE will never see the light of day... #1, they don't have the school name or mascot on them; #2 they don't have the school logo on them; #3 they don't have the student name on them... WHO THE FUCK, is gonna buy a generic graduation sign that vaguely has the high school colors on them??!!??!!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

I'm SO FUCKING pissed off about this bullshit, I can't even see straight right now. FUCKING BULLSHIT WASTE OF TIME.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway