News:

Main Menu

Action list help, please

Started by (Pre)PressingMyLuck, January 12, 2024, 12:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Yeah I missed it too. Forms and XObjects mess with me sometimes. Need to go find that webinar one of these days.
It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

Tracy

It's the January webinar, I keep notes to go back and watch some important ones
I have not so far  ;D

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

So now they want this giant PDF broken down in number of pages per record. I can select the first pages as above, but can Pitstop Pro (not server or switch) detect that? So they want one file of 1 pagers, 1 file of 2 pagers, etc. I think we're up the creek on this one.

Reason is that it's going metered mail, and they won't all meter the same. I can't post a sample because it's all basically financial statements.

David

sounds like somebody is either gonna lose their ass on this or make a ton of money if you make it work.

I've seen stuff like this before. The file was probably rejected by other printers, and your sales guy sees dollar signs.

good luck, I have no idea how to do what they want.

altho, I could be wrong

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

We've did this job last year and they separated by hand in assembly. Trying to figure out how to do it more automagically. We have the latest greatest pitstop pro and QI, and they have a fairly recent Fusion Pro upstairs. If not, I guess we'll be doing it manually. Fortunately more of the sizes have just a few copies. But yeah, I think we're just going to have to embrace the suck.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Suck avoided. They decided since assembly has to stuff them anyway they can just separate them during that process.

Whew. I need good strong porter or imperial stout now.

David

here ya go!   Cheers, you deserve it!

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

born2print

Oh man that's great! I was cringing on your behalf. Here's one of my favorites:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Yeah, we really dodged a bullet on that one (at assembly's expense)!

I haven't seen that one around. Not really into the coffee beer thing though. Coffee notes are fine, but if it's actually used as an ingredient it's too much. Now, Ten Fiddy, Temptress, Old Rasputin and Bell's Expedition Stout are all on the menu. So is Sierra Nevada's Narwaal. Apparently I do have expensive taste in at least one area lol

born2print

Quote from: (Pre)PressingMyLuck on January 18, 2024, 12:55:52 PMYeah, we really dodged a bullet on that one (at assembly's expense)!

I haven't seen that one around. Not really into the coffee beer thing though. Coffee notes are fine, but if it's actually used as an ingredient it's too much. Now, Ten Fiddy, Temptress, Old Rasputin and Bell's Expedition Stout are all on the menu. So is Sierra Nevada's Narwaal. Apparently I do have expensive taste in at least one area lol
:thumbsup:

Tracy

omg that beer looks so strong
Ill take a miller lite  ;D

born2print

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

It is strong, dark, rich, and sexy.

Tracy