News:

Main Menu

Prinergy 9...anyone?

Started by RMPrepress, July 27, 2021, 10:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Not seeing the Preps issue. What OS version are you running Workshop on?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

RMPrepress

All Mojave... still....except one Mac was updated to Big Sur and seeing the same thing over there.
Nothing else has changed.
Have not really spent anytime trouble shooting just thought i would see if anyone else has seen this behavior.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

RMPrepress

Also, any chance you found a way to get rid of the very annoying known bug in Preps 9.0.2...

ASSERT: Failed to get ...
or
ASSERT: Failed to copy....

:banghead:

Joe

Quote from: RMPrepress on September 24, 2021, 08:55:46 AM
Also, any chance you found a way to get rid of the very annoying known bug in Preps 9.0.2...

ASSERT: Failed to get ...
or
ASSERT: Failed to copy....

:banghead:

Submitted it to Kodak. They are aware of it. Says just to click through and ignore as it is not hurting anything. They will fix sometime in the future.

RMPrepress

Yeah i have the memo from Kodak... :facepalm:

Joe

Quote from: RMPrepress on September 24, 2021, 08:52:38 AM
All Mojave... still....except one Mac was updated to Big Sur and seeing the same thing over there.
Have not really spent anytime trouble shooting just thought i would see if anyone else has seen this behavior.

When I upgraded from Mojave (where I had significant delays) to Big Sur I did a fresh format & install so none of my old account files came over (\Users\~\Library) to the new install. Got rid of all my delays.

Joe

Quote from: RMPrepress on September 24, 2021, 09:03:03 AM

Not to worry. I'm sure by Preps version 78 they will have it fixed. :sarcasm:

RMPrepress

Good to know Joe and i am seeing the same here.
I am setting up a 2018 mac mini with new install of Big Sur as we speak to replace one of our 2012 Mac Pro's.
I am noticing it is running very well, the delay we see on other stations is not happening.

RMPrepress

Quote from: Joe on September 24, 2021, 09:06:48 AM
Quote from: RMPrepress on September 24, 2021, 08:52:38 AM

When I upgraded from Mojave (where I had significant delays) to Big Sur I did a fresh format & install so none of my old account files came over (\Users\~\Library) to the new install. Got rid of all my delays.

So you did a fresh install and migrated all your apps from a TM backup....or no?   Setting up a new workstation from scratch is time consuming for sure...especially when doing it while trying to work etc.

Joe

No. The only thing I imported from Time Machine backup was email. I didn't want any other files related to Creative Cloud or Prinergy system creeping back into the new system. Did a fresh install of all Creative Cloud and Workshop and Preps. However I did manually copy over apps like web browsers and other apps along with their folders in /Users/~/Library/Application Support and /Users/~/Library/Preferences. Just not anything related to Creative Cloud or Prinergy files. Yes it is time consuming but was worth it.

DigiCorn

Quote from: RMPrepress on September 24, 2021, 09:03:03 AM
Do you have 8 different bosses on your back telling you to fix it faster?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Going to 9.0.2 on Win2019 tomorrow. Wish me luck.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Be alert for the Page Marks moving in Preps 9.0.2/9.0.3. It can bite you hard. There is a warning on the Partner Place website and in the Prinergy 9.0.2 Release Notes.

Also after we upgraded back in December we could not get software updates to download so we had to download and install them manually until Kodak got that fixed in the last week of December but they had to login and install something separately to do it. We were good at that time. I guess they still are.

Also Michael Balko (Kodak) said Prinergy 9.5 was in final beta testing on the GUA forums a couple of weeks ago which takes about 6 weeks so 9.5 should be available in a month or so. Supposedly the page marks moving will be fixed in that release which has Preps 9.5.

born2print

Thank you Joe, and the marks moving... that's not the same old deal where you open the .cfg file and change it to no? 
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Nope. Prinergy 9.0.2 installs Preps 9.0.3. If you have a login to the Kodak Partner Place go here for the:

Preps 9.0.3 new features, fixed bugs, and known limitations

If you don't have a login here is the gist of it:

QuotePreps Page and Page Bleed Marks may incorrectly appear within live content
Customers who use Preps Page and Page Bleed marks, should consider NOT upgrading to Prinergy 9.0.2 / Preps 9.0.3 at this time, without first understanding the risks. 
See Important Note about Page Marks below. 
Page Mark properties are not retained when saved with legacy anchor positions.
This is a Preps 9.0.2 and Preps 9.0.3 limitation for impositions using some Page Marks created/edited in previous versions of Preps. 
Workaround: To retain legacy mark positions, add "-RETAINLEGACYANCHORMARK:YES" to the "PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template" profile located on the Prinergy server. 
Instructions: Setting Integrated Preps preferences - We recommend updating with a Windows text editor (eg. Notepad ++). 
~Important Note~ 
In most cases, "-RETAINLEGACYANCHORMARK:YES" is a viable solution. But, it has been reported that some Page Marks are shifted in Preps 9.0.2 and Preps 9.0.3, as well as, on VPS Output. 
For example, in one known case, Page Marks anchored to the Binding Edge on the back of the Signature with "-RETAINLEGACYANCHORMARK:YES" can inadvertently move the mark into the content area and cause spoilage. Please check your VPS carefully. We are addressing these issues in Preps 9.5 (scheduled for Summer 2022 release).