Looking for pressman in Mississauga Canada

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 05, 2021, 09:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Hi y'all,

We are looking for a Komori pressman up here (or down there if you are above us) in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Either 26 inch 4 color or 28 inch 5 color.

Needed ASAP.

Tracy

I would love to give you ours!!  :laugh:

I will let him know!!

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on October 05, 2021, 10:57:59 AM
I would love to give you ours!!  :laugh:

I will let him know!!

WOW! That is COLD!  :cold2:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

I know a guy I'd LIKE to send, but I wouldn't do that to you.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

RMPrepress

This an industry wide problem.
We have been looking for Heidelberg XL 40inch pressman for almost 2 years.
Feeders too....we have decided to train from within but that is a slow and painful process also.
An aging workforce along with people just leaving the print business is a huge problem.
It has begun to be addressed be Heidelberg and others by taking younger kids into training programs but it's a little too late.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Joe

Same thing in Prepress. We advertised for a prepress person to take my place. Only one applicant so far and more than likely the last one. And that one is 62 years old. Used to at least get design school graduates to apply but not anymore.

David

Quote from: Joe on October 08, 2021, 12:54:27 PM
Only one applicant so far and more than likely the last one.

you should advertise for a prepress influencer...

should attract a few millennials with that

:lmao:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on October 08, 2021, 01:03:23 PM
Quote from: Joe on October 08, 2021, 12:54:27 PMOnly one applicant so far and more than likely the last one.

you should advertise for a prepress influencer...

should attract a few millennials with that

:lmao:

Every time I hear that term I die a little inside.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: RMPrepress on October 08, 2021, 12:48:11 PM
This an industry wide problem.
We have been looking for Heidelberg XL 40inch pressman for almost 2 years.
Feeders too....we have decided to train from within but that is a slow and painful process also.
An aging workforce along with people just leaving the print business is a huge problem.
It has begun to be addressed be Heidelberg and others by taking younger kids into training programs but it's a little too late.

Scary, I have 3 years, 10 months, 3 days, nine hours and 36 seconds and counting  till I at least getting the government pension. We can send work out but other companies can't get paper.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Possum

Face it. We're a dying breed and nobody knows how much we're needed until we're gone.

Doomed.

Insert dinosaur emoji here.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

I think the PIA has seen this coming for a long time. I used to be on an advisory board and then I was volunteered to take materials (like a VHS tape and a few visuals) around to high schools to get kids excited about a career in printing. I would talk about salaries of foremen, benefits, good career option even without higher education etc...
The idea was that printers were aging out and there were too few newbies to fill the pipeline. And this was back in the early to mid-ninties.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Slappy

I've been meaning to get in touch with a former sales guy who got onto the board of the local PIA chapter and see what (if any) efforts are in place to refill the workforce. I'd wager there's lots of Initiatives and very few Candidates.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.