Workshop finder too slow

Started by born2print, May 19, 2008, 10:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Tired of taking literally minutes to scroll through the jobs lists in Workshop?
Here's a cure:
With Workshop running, but no jobs open, go to VIEW / VISIBLE COLUMNS.
In this menu, de-select any view tabs with an asterisk (they are what Kodak refers to as "expensive" and it says at the bottom of this menu that they do not refresh automatically.)
You may select as many non-asterisked view tabs as you wish.

You need to do this for each individual user as views are user specific.
 :cool:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

LRob

Thanks Born. Hey how is everything going w/ the adoption? Hope all is well!

pmhapp

Born - I just do a "Find", and that usually takes me right to where I want to go.  Would that work for you?

chris_r

Quote from: pmhapp on May 20, 2008, 06:52:12 AMBorn - I just do a "Find", and that usually takes me right to where I want to go.  Would that work for you?

i did both of those things - adjusted the columns to view, and use "find".  quick and easy.

born2print

Quote from: LRob on May 19, 2008, 09:32:59 PMThanks Born. Hey how is everything going w/ the adoption? Hope all is well!
It's funny, you kick arse through 2 long lists of stuff and then slam to a halt (just waiting, nothing to do) thanks for asking, keeping our fingers crossed.
Quote from: pmhapp on May 20, 2008, 06:52:12 AMBorn - I just do a "Find", and that usually takes me right to where I want to go.  Would that work for you?
Yes, find / open works properly but sometimes it's useful to scroll through the job lists (like reruns with changes where you're managing jobs not just opening them)

has anyone noticed significant improvement after turning off the "costly" views?
(we sure did!)
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...