Updating our Macs

Started by beck, October 12, 2007, 08:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

David,

If it does I don't know where it is at. Probably have to jump into terminal! :D

I used Broadband Optimizer on Panther and Tiger to speed up network folder display of folders with a large amount of files. Without Broadband Optimizer it was painfully slow navigating those folders. I don't have that problem with Leopard.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

ah ha!
so you just don't have a need for it quite yet.
I thought that maybe... just maybe, that Apple juiced the OS up a bit and you didn't need to "open 'er up" manually.

well, you never know.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Sparky

As far as I can see, so far, Leopard automatically seeks and uses the optimum net speeds available. I added a 10/100/1000 8 port switch to my home net when I got my new 24" iMac. Stuff happens really fast. I have it hooked up to a Brother 2070n Laser printer, an 8560CN muli-function and an Epson 850 printer, along with my old G4 I'm building to use with my Umax Scanner, (SCSI interface). all the lights on the switch are green except the Epson one (indicating gigibit transfer speeds). A 2.8 dual extreme CPU helps also.

I've only had CS3 for a week, and have not been able to put everything through it's paces yet. But from InDesign to Photoshop and exporting... no issues yet. ::)
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"