Forum > Screen

PTR-8000 Dead

(1/6) > >>

Ear:
ummm.... does anyone happen to have a spare set of tail clamps for a PTR-8000 that they want to sell me?

Question #2: Can anyone, besides me (new talent), imitate the sound of a platesetter hucking a tail clamp at 1000rpm?  :death: I'll tell ya, it's not too different from a small-block V8 throwing a rod.

Santa:
Heard that sound once.....not pretty, amazingly no damage to the machine, just the $$$$$$$$$ of the tail clamps.

Ear:
Yep... new tail clamps on the way. I was able to fire it up and run a print head test... lost a diode in the process so we'll get a 2-for-1 on the service call.  :laugh: :undecided:

Tail clamps = $3000
New Diode = $1300
Service Call = $2000
something something darkside = priceless

Farabomb:
I wasn't here when the CAT threw the plate and mat but I was told it was quite violent.

Sound close to THIS around :20 or so? It's not a rickroll, just a friend lunching a motor at NJMP. Or maybe This around 20:30? Funny, I think both the incidents in the video together didn't equal the cost of your incident.

Joe:

--- Quote from: Earendil on March 02, 2010, 04:06:13 PM ---
ummm.... does anyone happen to have a spare set of tail clamps for a PTR-8000 that they want to sell me?

Question #2: Can anyone, besides me (new talent), imitate the sound of a platesetter hucking a tail clamp at 1000rpm?  :death: I'll tell ya, it's not too different from a small-block V8 throwing a rod.

--- End quote ---

Damn, I left them in my other pants. :laugh:

Sorry though. :wink: Sounds like you've been having some fun. :tongue:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version