News:

Main Menu

Smart Board

Started by DigiCorn, September 29, 2010, 10:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Any one else using this antiquated software that I can bounce some stuff off of?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

nah, my stuffs older than that.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I'm running it on Windows ME. Mainly I only use that box when I login to AOL v.3 (dialup)
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on September 29, 2010, 02:35:49 PMI'm running it on Windows ME. Mainly I only use that box when I login to AOL v.3 (dialup)
disturbing
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

You never heard of masochism?

Wimp.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

You into masochism? How far do you take it?

Just make sure if you do the David Carradine/Michael Hutchence thing, you get a spotter first.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

I presume no one else is running Image Smart/Smart Board/Document Mastering? I am having trouble getting it to recognize the digital press on Windows 7. It "just works," on XP, but can't see the Canon on W7.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Via network or direct connection?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Can you ping the IP of the digital press?

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

And you have the Windows 7 driver installed for the digital press?

Farabomb

Check firewall settings.

Maybe make another user on the machine. I have an issue (XP box but may translate) where user one user name I can't remote in. Same computer with a different user and I have no issues
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Yeah - I did get a 64-bit driver for Windows 7, but I think that's my issue. Even with the driver, I don't think the machine can receive communication with Smart Board at the 64-bit level. The 64-bit driver offers a lot of the same options as Smart Board for job programming, but doesn't work as well as Smart Board when the job arrives in the Solaris RIP. In order to do that, it's a direct print, and not going through Smart Board. Depending on how complex the job is, it loses some things, like quantity.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 22, 2014, 01:32:20 PMYeah - I did get a 64-bit driver for Windows 7, but I think that's my issue. Even with the driver, I don't think the machine can receive communication with Smart Board at the 64-bit level. The 64-bit driver offers a lot of the same options as Smart Board for job programming, but doesn't work as well as Smart Board when the job arrives in the Solaris RIP. In order to do that, it's a direct print, and not going through Smart Board. Depending on how complex the job is, it loses some things, like quantity.

Would probably be much easier to just stick with XP for this machine and isolate it from the internet.