News:

Main Menu

Lion

Started by frailer, June 07, 2011, 04:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Sounds like Xerox.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

haushold

Well  - so much for that - did the install via target mode. Because the mac came from the factory preinstalled with Lion - not an upgrade it cannot be downgraded. So - now I have a brand new - 1 day old mac that is dead. Oh yeah - since they do not give you a Lion disk - it has to be taken to an apple service provider for repair - or I am welcome to download Lion for the normal fee. Either way - it the lion way or no way. Gotta love it.

:death:
Artificial intellegence is no match for natural stupidity.

haushold

Chilbear was right. Thanks!

gnubler

New machines don't come with a system disk now?

Fcuk that, I'm out.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: haushold on September 09, 2011, 12:34:41 PMWell  - so much for that - did the install via target mode. Because the mac came from the factory preinstalled with Lion - not an upgrade it cannot be downgraded. So - now I have a brand new - 1 day old mac that is dead. Oh yeah - since they do not give you a Lion disk - it has to be taken to an apple service provider for repair - or I am welcome to download Lion for the normal fee. Either way - it the lion way or no way. Gotta love it.

You don't get a restore disk with a new Mac? :wtf:

Linux is looking better and better.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on September 09, 2011, 12:45:45 PMNew machines don't come with a system disk now?

Fcuk that, I'm out.

Quote from: Joe on September 09, 2011, 12:47:51 PM
Quote from: haushold on September 09, 2011, 12:34:41 PMWell  - so much for that - did the install via target mode. Because the mac came from the factory preinstalled with Lion - not an upgrade it cannot be downgraded. So - now I have a brand new - 1 day old mac that is dead. Oh yeah - since they do not give you a Lion disk - it has to be taken to an apple service provider for repair - or I am welcome to download Lion for the normal fee. Either way - it the lion way or no way. Gotta love it.

You don't get a restore disk with a new Mac? :wtf:

Linux is looking better and better.

Great minds think alike. (Or dumb-asses...you decide) :laugh:

haushold

No - but you get an 800 number for apple support. So that is pretty sweet :banghead:

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on September 09, 2011, 12:47:51 PMLinux is looking better and better.

Forealz. My last purchase from Apple was in 2007 and I intend to keep it that way.

Dead to me!

DigiCorn

There's a reason Mac OS is named after cats. Cats are standoff-ish and belligerent as fcuk.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Cats are also snooty and just "weird". And always trying to attempt clever ways to kill you.

t-pat

I once had a Mac OS piss in my laundry.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Well it needed washed anyway. :laugh:

t-pat

pretty sure that's what it was trying to tell me
vdp donkey

David

I got a load of whites I need done, and a little ironing....  while you're in there
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

sure but I need more quarters
vdp donkey