Forum > Screen

Humidity Problem

(1/4) > >>

Ear:
Came in this morning to a "dew condensation" error on my Screen pt-r 8600 platesetter. She won't initialize and says I need to lower the humidity. This is SO Oregon in summer and it's dry as a bone... less than 40% humidity.

I typically leave it on 24/7 but we have been having random power outages so I turned it off for the weekend. I'm guessing the fact that its fans weren't running allowed some condensation in a diode block. I tried running on half-diode mode but it must check all of them on initialize. It says it is in diode block 6.

Farabomb:
Any chance you get those big ass desiccant packs with your paper like we do? Maybe toss one of those in there and it will absorb any extra moisture.

Ear:
I haven't seen those. They don't need to use moisture control in the west because it is so dry. I'm very surprised that I have this error, because it is not remotely humid here. It must be very sensitive and just have a little condensation on a lens or something. I do not want to try to climb inside and open the printhead.

Joe:
Faulty sensor?

Ear:
hmmmm... maybe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version