Forum > Dynagram

How easy/difficult is it to set up a new plate size in DynaStrip?

(1/12) > >>

Fontaholic:
Hey everyone,

As those who've been following my saga might know, Da Boss sold off our platemaking system without having a backup fully in place.  Now he's found a print shop about an hour's drive from us that has the same platemaker/processor that we did, so he figured everything was hunky-dory.

Well, naturally, it ain't.

We run two size plates here -- a 10" x 15.25" one for our Hamada 2-15, and a 13" x 19.1875" one for our Hamada RS-234.

This other shop only runs one small plate -- 13.625" x 19.375" -- for their Ryobi press, and their prepress person doesn't know how to add a new plate setup into the system.  (Their setup had already been programmed by the time she came onboard, and it sounds like she only knows how to press buttons, as she talked about needing to have a tech come in to program the new plate size into the software.)

My question is -- is it really that difficult to create a new plate setup in DynaStrip, or can anyone do it once they've been given sufficient instructions?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Farabomb:
Export an imposed PDF to sheet size and she can just drop onto her larger plate size. Just make sure the setback is correct.

To her credit I might not be able to create a new media size (not that it matters here, I wouldn't have a mat to run a different size) but I would sure as hell try before I call in a tech.

Fontaholic:

--- Quote from: Farabomb link=msg=271492 date=1440599797 ---
Export an imposed PDF to sheet size and she can just drop onto her larger plate size. Just make sure the setback is correct.

To her credit I might not be able to create a new media size (not that it matters here, I wouldn't have a mat to run a different size) but I would sure as hell try before I call in a tech.

--- End quote ---

The PDFs I sent her for the 2-15 press are the exact size of the plate -- 10" wide by 15.25" tall.

She did ask if it would be possible for her to run the 2-15 plates on the larger 2-34; when I asked the pressman if this would work, he started bitching about having to cut down plates himself and what an idiot this woman obviously is for not knowing how to program a new plate setup into the software, blah-blah-blah...

Cheers,

Farabomb:
Have your genius pressman go over and reprogram the new plate size if he's so damn smart.

We cut down plates for 8 months, it's not hard at all. Providing he doesn't cut the gripper side.

Fontaholic:

--- Quote from: Farabomb link=msg=271495 date=1440600554 ---
Have your genius pressman go over and reprogram the new plate size if he's so damn smart.

We cut down plates for 8 months, it's not hard at all. Providing he doesn't cut the gripper side.

--- End quote ---

Yeah -- he was doing that for a while a few months back when we were ganging up jobs so we could use up Komori-sized plates that we no longer had any use for (having sold off our Komori some time ago).

I think he just likes to piss and moan about everything...

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version