News:

Main Menu

New Windows 10 PC

Started by G_Town, January 11, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Malwarebytes is the greatest thing ever. $39.95 a year
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I do use the free version Malwarebytes if I have a problem with a machine.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I've used the same combo for some time now.
Defender and Malwarebytes when needed.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Thanks sounds unanimous Defender and Malware bytes!

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on January 02, 2019, 08:55:48 AMThanks sounds unanimous Defender and Malware bytes!

Just to clarify about Malwarebytes. The free version does not protect your PC. It only fixes things once they happen. The paid version of Malwarebytes prevents them from happening in the first place.

Tracy

Tracy

I have 2 quark customers left and 1 just bought a new laptop so she can go indesign :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
seriously she was using quark 4!!

she has asked me about the laptop, all looks good to me, anyone see anything to warn her about?
she has till the 12th to return it

It is HP Sprectre x360 2 in1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel
Core i7 - 16 GB Memory-512 GB SSD and has a discrete Graphic card  by NVIDIA
GeForce MX150 graphics driven by 2GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory to quickly

Joe

Good specs! Should work great.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Tracy on January 10, 2019, 04:38:36 PMI have 2 quark customers left and 1 just bought a new laptop so she can go indesign :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
seriously she was using quark 4!!

she has asked me about the laptop, all looks good to me, anyone see anything to warn her about?
she has till the 12th to return it

It is HP Sprectre x360 2 in1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel
Core i7 - 16 GB Memory-512 GB SSD and has a discrete Graphic card  by NVIDIA
GeForce MX150 graphics driven by 2GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory to quickly

One of our clients is still using Quark (9) and is Getting a new Mac which apparently won't run on 9 so he'll have to update. I have pleaded with him to switch to Indesign for years but the fear of learning a new program seems to paralyze him. (he is 75 years old).

The good new is I get paid by the hour so I can milk this situation for some much needed OT!  :wink:

Taylor

I completely understand the guy if he's 75. I'm 35 and it takes me a lot of convincing to try new programs. haha

Joe

Quote from: Taylor on January 16, 2019, 05:19:06 AMI completely understand the guy if he's 75. I'm 35 and it takes me a lot of convincing to try new programs. haha

Welcome to the forum.