It's official - Adobe's finally going all Cloud

Started by Possum, May 06, 2013, 11:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Mikie on May 13, 2013, 05:56:11 PMi didnt know about he multi seat license Joe, thanks for the info. WTF am i supposed to do with 100GB of their server space? My webspace is fine(in house).

Don't even get me started on this font bs. As a printer, fonts can be supplied to me per the license agreement, to print my customers job. It is me breaking this agreement if I were to keep the font and use it for our own use, or for another customer....which of course we never do  :ninja:

Did someone from Apple marketing leave and go to Adobe? Once a company starts talking "magical" I lose all hope.

:drunk3:

They call it Creative Cloud for teams for 69.99 per month if that helps any. :sarcasm:

And to be fair it is only 39.99 for the first year since you've been a loyal follower. :death:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html

And it is 100 gb of storage for each user. In your case you get 2500 gb.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Mikie

"Creative Cloud for teams" We all get along, but "team" is stretching this place a little lol

:ohno: the 2500 GB helps none. I use Insite for some uploads, FTP for others, and random and becoming more frequent "youshare, yousendit, eshare,fileteleport magical download link in a email" downloads.

I don't have to pay the bills so whatever, we HAVE to go along. That's my only whine which will of course, matter not.  :deadhorse:

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Mikie

Quote from: gnubler on May 13, 2013, 06:18:03 PMDOOMED.

you got that shit right my squirelly friend. We can just lay off someone to cover the added cost and commitment over the next few years, and work harder  :drunk3:

no worries

Joe

Quote from: Mikie on May 13, 2013, 06:15:29 PM"Creative Cloud for teams" We all get along, but "team" is stretching this place a little lol

:ohno: the 2500 GB helps none. I use Insite for some uploads, FTP for others, and random and becoming more frequent "youshare, yousendit, eshare,fileteleport magical download link in a email" downloads.

I don't have to pay the bills so whatever, we HAVE to go along. That's my only whine which will of course, matter not.  :deadhorse:

I guess I should have added the  :sarcasm: emoticon after the "2500 gb" statement. :laugh:

Mikie

Joe, the same smartass comment would have been posted  :hello:

Apple is going to do the same thing with applecare, if you hadnt heard  :wtf:

gnubler

Today I was asked for help with fixing a crashing Apple Mail. I grew bored after reading some comments on other forums, but mostly I lost interest b/c this user had no system disk for the Mac, it was all done via "cloud" and Apple doesn't provide a d/l for Mail other than on the system disk which apparently people no longer see a need for. I don't get it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

It is Apple that says you don't need it. I took the download and burned it to USB thumb drive so I have a restore disk.

gnubler

I want no involvement with people who rely completely on cloud shit. This is what happens.

Joe

Have you considered moving up into the mountains and building a mud hut? You'll still be in the "Cloud" only a different kind. :laugh:

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on May 14, 2013, 09:42:45 AMHave you considered moving up into the mountains and building a mud hut? You'll still be in the "Cloud" only a different kind. :laugh:
:hemp:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on May 14, 2013, 09:42:45 AMHave you considered moving up into the mountains and building a mud hut? You'll still be in the "Cloud" only a different kind. :laugh:

Every damn day.

Possum

Sounds good to me. Or at least go to a nice, normal job with nice, normal problems.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

t-pat

Quote from: Possum on May 15, 2013, 08:20:20 AMSounds good to me. Or at least go to a nice, normal job with nice, normal problems.

not sure if it's like this for everyone, but the level of stress and insane demands has tripled in the last 3 weeks around here.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

Quote from: t-pat on May 15, 2013, 09:56:52 AM
Quote from: Possum on May 15, 2013, 08:20:20 AMSounds good to me. Or at least go to a nice, normal job with nice, normal problems.

not sure if it's like this for everyone, but the level of stress and insane demands has tripled in the last 3 weeks around here.

Sounds normal. For printing, anyway.  :drunk3: