do you have more than one location?

Started by kermit, September 07, 2008, 06:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

What kind of a setup do you have? Can you see file server on the other location? Can you work on remote file server? What kind of a internet speed do you have for this?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Slappy

We do have 2 locations, and even though we don't really work remotely, we'll move files between shops when necessary. Since most jobs that are prepped in one location & printed in another have to have proofs & Job Tickets moved physically, most times the files will be burned to disc & travel with the rest of the stuff. That being said...

I can connect to the other shop's Prinergy server to copy files, but cannot actually RIP anything. We're running on a duplex T1, last I checked and it's only passable for speed. Not sure what else is available in our area, but it's faster most times to sneaker net the jobs.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

delooch

We have 2 offices, the "main" location is where we do quick-copy, short-run digital color, design, prepress, and light bindery.  Our "sattellite" is a couple of blocks down the street- our presses and main bindery location is there. It all works well, except the RIP resides in the satellite office for the pressmen, I just shoot the files over across the network (t1) - the only thing thats hard is that the pressmen are a little whiny, and they love to bitch about improperly positioned artwork on the plates, (4 presses, all have different gripper preferences, and specifics - i never know what they will use until the hang the plate and discover its wrong. I have to rely on them to tell me what they want.  they can barely conjugate a sentence sometimes. You think something like this would be easily addressed and fixed, but try changing the attitude/working method of a pressman thats been on the job for 25 years.