News:

Main Menu

page boxes

Started by motormount, June 12, 2015, 01:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motormount

Pitstop does a great job -most of the times - defining trimbox  from crop marks when the file was made with illy,indy or quark.

But with corel, photoshop and other kinds of pdf's i don't find it very handy.

I'm lucky to have heidi's toolbox,the geometry tool is very easy and quick to use.

A friend of mine with no pitstop or heidi's toolbox place them to indy to make proper pageboxes.

What do you do?

Thanks in advance!

abc

You should take a look at our monthly PitStop workshops, there are lots of different ways to set Page Boxes in PitStop, you don't always have to use the detect crop marks option.
Drop me a PM if you want an invite to any of the training sessions.

motormount

Thanks a lot, i will when i can -even though i've watched a video on youtube-

I wasn't trying to compare toolbox with pitstop, i'm more curious about what people lacking these tools do to fix a page geometry when not set right by the designer!

Thanks again for the invite!

Joe

We never get pages with correct page boxes. We have Preps set to center everything and we scale to fit from there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

motormount

Thanks Joe,

Signa does have a similar option,but sometimes the page doesn't get fitted correctly so instead of waiting to see what happens i fix the geometry beforehand .

But we all probably get pdf's where artwork isn't centered in the media box,or there are two or three cards in the same page etc

What's your tool of choise then?

Thanks again!

Joe

If the artwork is not centered the customers either have the choice of fixing it and resubmitting or we fix it and charge them accordingly. Having the content centered is something we warn the customers of ahead of them submitting the files so most of the time we are OK. But there are times they don't listen.

motormount

We have a completely different aproach.

We fix it, then we thank them for letting us do their job, and of course if anything goes wrong we might as well get the blame too.

Judging from your answer on the workflow subject, and the customer approval insite provides you, i think you're missing much of the excitement and fun a prepress environment offers. :-P

Thanks again!

Joe

Oh don't believe that! Customers never disappoint in the "new ways to screw files up" department. Plug one hole in the dam and 37 new ones open up.