Photoshop Virus Threat

Started by Duffy, May 10, 2012, 02:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 10, 2012, 04:48:43 PMMaybe I should take on that task and put together an open source prepress bundle and illustrate how to go from design to output using RGB. I'd make a killing nothing. :cry:

But think of the fame. You could be the Open Source Prepress White Knight.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on July 17, 2012, 09:34:20 PM
Quote from: Joe on May 10, 2012, 04:48:43 PMMaybe I should take on that task and put together an open source prepress bundle and illustrate how to go from design to output using RGB. I'd make a killing nothing. :cry:

I'd rather have cash! :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

youston

Quote from: Joe on July 17, 2012, 10:43:54 PM
Quote from: frailer on July 17, 2012, 09:34:20 PM

I'd rather have cash! :laugh:

Liz Phair - Shitloads Of Money

"It's nice to be right, but it's better by far to get paid."

Joe

Quote from: youston on July 18, 2012, 07:41:52 AM"It's nice to be right, but it's better by far to get paid."

Agreed! :laugh:

Rabid

My first thought was the Liz Phair link was going to be fcuk and run.

beermonster

Quote from: Joe on May 10, 2012, 04:48:43 PM
Quote from: gnubler on May 10, 2012, 03:54:50 PMGIMP is looking better and better.

Not for print work unless they have added CMYK support that I have missed. Although it is possible to start and finish a job with RGB and output a high quality RGB PDF that a printer with a modern workflow can handle without any issues. Maybe I should take on that task and put together an open source prepress bundle and illustrate how to go from design to output using RGB. I'd make a killing nothing. :cry:

perhaps you could illustrate OR show that in design and print we need no longer be a little restrictive and be given a more free-hand as it were. then systems could be more dynamic - even acrobat like in their approach. as a postscript i might add, without clouding the issue, that many an art pro would welcome such freedom.

all the above makes no sense and does not reflect the opinions of anyone - it's been a long day :hot:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Joe

Quote from: beermonster on July 19, 2012, 09:52:37 AM
Quote from: Joe on May 10, 2012, 04:48:43 PM
Quote from: gnubler on May 10, 2012, 03:54:50 PMGIMP is looking better and better.

Not for print work unless they have added CMYK support that I have missed. Although it is possible to start and finish a job with RGB and output a high quality RGB PDF that a printer with a modern workflow can handle without any issues. Maybe I should take on that task and put together an open source prepress bundle and illustrate how to go from design to output using RGB. I'd make a killing nothing. :cry:

perhaps you could illustrate OR show that in design and print we need no longer be a little restrictive and be given a more free-hand as it were. then systems could be more dynamic - even acrobat like in their approach. as a postscript i might add, without clouding the issue, that many an art pro would welcome such freedom.

all the above makes no sense and does not reflect the opinions of anyone - it's been a long day :hot:

Well, you got ArtPro and Freehand in that post. All that was missing was "Spirit in the Sky".

:lmao:

David

and, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, cloud, postscript, just to name a few
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

StrutzinInc

Gimp is getting way better. It's probably wise to get it now before it costs as much as CS.

youston

Quote from: beermonster on July 19, 2012, 09:52:37 AMperhaps you could illustrate OR show that in design and print we need no longer be a little restrictive and be given a more free-hand as it were. then systems could be more dynamic - even acrobat like in their approach. as a postscript i might add, without clouding the issue, that many an art pro would welcome such freedom.

This is like those 'find the hidden pictures' puzzles in Highlights magazine ...   :thumbsup:

Quote from: Joe on July 19, 2012, 11:27:58 AMWell, you got ArtPro and Freehand in that post. All that was missing was "Spirit in the Sky".

Quote from: david on July 19, 2012, 12:28:30 PMand, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, cloud, postscript, just to name a few

This is like finding one in the waiting room of the doctors office and someone has already circled all the hidden pictures.  :angry:

Joe