The Best New Features of Illustrator CS6

Started by Joe, May 16, 2012, 12:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Duffy

Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

gnubler

Ditto.

That's new? Or am I thinking of Photoshop?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Duffy

Can kind of do it in InDesign, do not remember any kind of control like this in any product before.

Must be making all of the designers happy!

t-pat

and still no true mixed ink swatch? Why should I care about a gradient stroke? It just gives fools more tools to break my rip with. Those patterns ought to be a treat too, I hope you can still "expand" them so they will behave like something appe can understand.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Duffy

Quote from: t-pat on May 16, 2012, 02:52:42 PMand still no true mixed ink swatch? Why should I care about a gradient stroke? It just gives fools more tools to break my rip with. Those patterns ought to be a treat too, I hope you can still "expand" them so they will behave like something appe can understand.

true - you know some idiot will make a 8x10 wall paper background of a portion and repeat it like 5000 times, good times for the RIP indeed!

t-pat

Quote from: Duffy on May 16, 2012, 02:55:23 PM
Quote from: t-pat on May 16, 2012, 02:52:42 PMand still no true mixed ink swatch? Why should I care about a gradient stroke? It just gives fools more tools to break my rip with. Those patterns ought to be a treat too, I hope you can still "expand" them so they will behave like something appe can understand.

true - you know some idiot will make a 8x10 wall paper background of a portion and repeat it like 5000 times, good times for the RIP indeed!

I tend to get the packaging jobs that are full 28.375x40.5 coverage of some ridiculous pattern.
vdp donkey

StrutzinInc

Gradient strokes look amazing, a lot of potential there. I am also taken by the hi fidelity photo as this is one of the most crisp vector transitions that I've seen. There is a lot of awesome stuff in CS6 I will say that.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: StrutzinInc on July 16, 2012, 02:33:05 PMGradient strokes look amazing, a lot of potential there. I am also taken by the hi fidelity photo as this is one of the most crisp vector transitions that I've seen. There is a lot of awesome stuff in CS6 I will say that.

Gradient strokes? I see the potential for me to have a gun in my mouth. Give a child a knife and he will cut himself. Goddamn Adobe...
Member #285 - Civilian

andyfest

Quote from: t-pat on May 16, 2012, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: Duffy on May 16, 2012, 02:55:23 PM

I tend to get the packaging jobs that are full 28.375x40.5 coverage of some ridiculous pattern.
Oh HMJ...please say it ain't so...
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

CMYKFrustrated

IMHO, that article missed the best new feature, which is 64 bit architecture support. If you've got the ram, it can be utilized to make effects, rasterization, go a heck of a lot faster. Makes the "image trace" feature actually useable and previews in almost real time.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: CMYKFrustrated on September 20, 2012, 11:32:35 AMIMHO, that article missed the best new feature, which is 64 bit architecture support. If you've got the ram, it can be utilized to make effects, rasterization, go a heck of a lot faster. Makes the "image trace" feature actually useable and previews in almost real time.

We got the ram. Serious Ram.

pspdfppdfxhd

big time industrial mega ram sticks for serious prepressers qualtiy print work.  :drunk3:

DigiCorn

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on September 20, 2012, 12:23:50 PM
Quote from: CMYKFrustrated on September 20, 2012, 11:32:35 AMIMHO, that article missed the best new feature, which is 64 bit architecture support. If you've got the ram, it can be utilized to make effects, rasterization, go a heck of a lot faster. Makes the "image trace" feature actually useable and previews in almost real time.

We got the ram. Serious Ram.
You can never have too much RAM. Always max it out, and then, add more.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

16 gb of apple ram in this box, still seems slow  :homer:
vdp donkey