Smart Marks Wont Print If do not apply workflow calibration turn on

Started by COZZY62, April 15, 2009, 12:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COZZY62

Trying to print grey bars that do not have the cal curve applied - but it wont print if do not apply workflow calibration turned on - Turn it off its fine, Im assuming the EVOS here are out of date 3.0.6.5 - I updated to Peps 5.3.2 to get this feature!! Looking for Confirmation or work around, we have 6 EVO servers That are all way out of date!!

Thanks for any and all help/info on this

Stiv

I am not sure, you want to print a box % of grey on the plate. It cannot have a curve applied to it.

I don't believe this is a Preps issue but one of your RIP. What are you using?

In my Rampage workflow, I cannot image anything on the plate that is not affected by my linearization or calibration curves.

I would try to figure out what value you want and what value you need to get after the curve is applied. Example - you want 50%, the curve is giving you 35%. You need to create a box with 65% or somewhere around there.

DigiCorn

You could image a plate from Rampage with no calibration by setting your media linearization, press a(ctual) and press d(esired) to "none." If you wanted a purely linear plate, then just set your media linearization to your curve, and leave a and d to "none."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway