LOL thats not the Partners page! This is–

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

ninjaPB_43

yea, I had signed in and was in the Partners page. But was going to downloads instead of clicking on the "Print Service Provider Software Downloads" link..  thanks alma.   quit giggling at me..   :cry:  :laugh:   I only had 3 hours sleep last night, and that's the excuse Im sticking too.

edit: so by being in the partners network and it giving me serial numbers, I don't have to pay the $159 upgrade?  Awesome!  :woot:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

pdboddy

Quote from: PrepressCrapFixer on June 25, 2008, 11:32:28 AM
Quote from: jimking on June 25, 2008, 11:30:16 AMAnother, reinventing the screwdriver. No need for PitStop will allow every Tom, Dick and Harry to really F---- up their PDFs in different ways. Why? Because now they can.  :death:
Now That precisely is why they will have to pry my copy of Pitstop out of my cold dead fingers.  I cannot do my job without it.

Yeah, they'd have to kill me too to get mine.

ninjaPB_43

Is it just me, or did it take quite a while to DL the 1.1GB upgrade..  I'm looking at over an hour?..  :undecided:  I'm guessing just maybe Adobe's Partner site is being DLed from pretty heavily, and its only allowing me to DL at @174 KB/sec..   just looking for confirmation this is normal and not something on my end..  thanks/
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

almaink

Took about 10 minutes to download here, via FIOS.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

ninjaPB_43

so then it is my end..    stupid CBeyond!!  :angry:  oh well it just finished, so now I can go play in the new sandbox..  I hope no ones pee'd in it yet.

Joe

Glad you found it because I've been running the Mac version for a couple of days now. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 27, 2008, 06:55:26 AMyea, I had signed in and was in the Partners page. But was going to downloads instead of clicking on the "Print Service Provider Software Downloads" link..  thanks alma.   quit giggling at me..   :cry:  :laugh:   I only had 3 hours sleep last night, and that's the excuse Im sticking too.

edit: so by being in the partners network and it giving me serial numbers, I don't have to pay the $159 upgrade?  Awesome!  :woot:

Yes, that's why you pay the $595 a year.

ninjaPB_43

Has anyone mentioned that the "Overprint Preview" is set for "Only for PDF/x files" as default?  I'm changing to "Always".  Hadn't even opened a document, I chose to go through the preferences first and noticed this, thought I'd mention it, and don't want to look and see if it's been mentioned yet..(lazy bum, I am)

Quote from: Joe on June 27, 2008, 08:56:03 AMYes, that's why you pay the $595 a year.

Well that's just fantastic! I was expected another anklegrabber.  :shocked:

pdboddy

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 27, 2008, 09:02:02 AMHas anyone mentioned that the "Overprint Preview" is set for "Only for PDF/x files" as default?  I'm changing to "Always".  Hadn't even opened a document, I chose to go through the preferences first and noticed this, thought I'd mention it, and don't want to look and see if it's been mentioned yet..(lazy bum, I am)

Quote from: Joe on June 27, 2008, 08:56:03 AMYes, that's why you pay the $595 a year.

Well that's just fantastic! I was expected another anklegrabber.  :shocked:

Uhg, that's why I always go through the preferences first before I start playing with the bells and whistles.

And it is an anklegrabber if you live in the UK.  :P

ninjaPB_43

ooooooo...I'm gushing here over the "Convert from PDF" in the preferences..   tons of options and editing each format will be a breeze..  (dont know if this was in 8, couldn't bring myself into 8-land very often)  :cool:

almaink

Ya Convert to and from have been a part of Acrobat since version 6 at least may have even been there in 4.
Preferences is the first place I got to after first launch of any new software.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 27, 2008, 09:02:02 AMHas anyone mentioned that the "Overprint Preview" is set for "Only for PDF/x files" as default?  I'm changing to "Always".  Hadn't even opened a document, I chose to go through the preferences first and noticed this, thought I'd mention it, and don't want to look and see if it's been mentioned yet..(lazy bum, I am)

Same here. I found it because I could not find a menu item to turn overprint preview on and off. Found that setting in preferences and then noticed it's also in the output preview box.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: almaink on June 27, 2008, 09:25:03 AMYa Convert to and from have been a part of Acrobat since version 6 at least may have even been there in 4.
Preferences is the first place I got to after first launch of any new software.

yes, but with this extensive kind of edits for each of the formats?

I'm noticing the word wrap usage when editing text is pretty hit or miss.

pdboddy

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 27, 2008, 09:33:52 AMI'm noticing the word wrap usage when editing text is pretty hit or miss.

Can you edit text without it going all screwy on you now?