LumaPix Yearbook software

Started by gnubler, May 20, 2010, 03:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

So you have Quark 9 and have done a side by side comparison with Quark 4?

You just don't know. Quark 9 just might draw a warm bath for you after a hard day and then massage your feet before you go to sleep.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: tpatterson on April 13, 2011, 11:18:30 AM
Quote from: gnubler on April 13, 2011, 10:13:16 AMDoes anyone here do yearbook/directory printing?

directories, school newsletters, and some other stuff like that. Don't tell anyone. School stuff is worse than wedding invitations.

I agree with this. School stuff is usually horrid work.

David

ohh, I may want to save the free copy of quark 9 for myself, it sounds fun!

warm bath here I come!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: tpatterson on April 13, 2011, 11:18:30 AMSchool stuff is worse than wedding invitations.

The evil trio of school stuff, church newsletters, and wedding invitations. I do them all.  :puke2:

There's nothing like mixing a prepress tech with the delicate desires of a bride-to-be.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

funeral memorial programs also rank up there with the worst..

gnubler

...and anything done for a realtor who just walks in off the street and says she "wants some postcards printed up"  :death:

Joe

Don't get me started on car dealers. :death:

David

hey Joe, how do you feel about Car dealers?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I love them...to DEATH preferably.

gnubler

Funny, that's how I feel about car dealers. I take it clipping hundreds of cars from their backgrounds is also your favorite pasttime?

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 13, 2011, 12:31:22 PMFunny, that's how I feel about car dealers. I take it clipping hundreds of cars from their backgrounds is also your favorite pasttime?

That is so old fashioned. The "in" thing now is to just loosely cut around them like a 3 year old with a pair of scissors.

DigitalCrapShoveler

PB's getting back into Prepress?
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

No, he went corporate - pants & all.  :angry:

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on April 13, 2011, 12:15:47 PMDon't get me started on car dealers. :death:

we have several car dealers, and the marketing company that does national shit for GM/Chevy sends us some work. Mostly variable data/hybrid litho-digital and they're INSANE.

Funeral announcements seemed fun, the only place I saw that did them, did ONLY funeral announcements. They were all letterpress too, so like a history lesson. And all the guys there were baked.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait